• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dentists - Are they worth the money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dentists - Are they worth the money?

Anyone here use a foreign tooth-doctor?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Sainsburys have started opening clinics that will presumably be using foreign tooth-doctors. I would, if it were cheap, local and convenient. Might be a bit of a pilava at the check-out though: got a loyalty card, want cash back, scale and polish?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...days-week.html

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      Anyone here use a foreign tooth-doctor?
      2 contractors on my last gig swore by their dentists in Hungary. Both spent about 4 weekends there getting major work done.

Personally I would rather just fork out for someone locally.

Comment

I've got a very good very local dentist who's private and used to treat my sons on the NHS, but since the new NHS contracts he's gone totally private.

He's not cheap, but his work is superb and my sons have absolutely no fear of dentists unlike an awful lot of people that I know.

Comment

I use Denplan, £12 a month.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Belgium is the place - excellent private treatment for half the price of over here and they work evenings.

Comment

I use antibiotics... much cheaper !!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                2 contractors on my last gig swore by their dentists in Hungary. Both spent about 4 weekends there getting major work done.

There are certainly some advantages of going to Hungary, not least Helga and Olga whilst you're 'recuperating' in your hotel room.

I trust private dentists in the UK about as much as I trust my agent. After about 10 years of not needing anything more than the odd filling re-doing with my old (and sadly now retired) NHS dentist, who I'd been with since a nipper, this private only mofo I've been using seems to find a new excuse to extract money (if not teeth) every time I step into the place.

Last time I felt so shafted was when I had the TVR, with each trip to the dealer costing a grand+ a time.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Don't pay more than £20 a visit to my dentist, what are you lot brushing your teeth with - paint stripper?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Brushing?

I thought mouthwash was the modern replacement? The ads tell us it removes more plaque and kills 99.9% of 'bad' bacteria. What the hell are they selling, Domestos!?

I even use whisky, it's cheaper and has more alcohol content, which seems to be the main active ingredient. See, nice pearly whites.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X