• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Goodbye UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye UK

just secured a contract working on a large programme for a Swiss inv bank unaffected by the crisis.

On loads more also because tax is 25% if married with 2 kids!

BOOMED!!!

Goodbye doomy gloomy UK. Never coming back.

Record employment in Swiss & people are happy & lifestyle is gr8.

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post
    just secured a contract working on a large programme for a Swiss inv bank unaffected by the crisis.

BOOMED!!!

Congratulations!

Get ready to wake up at 5 am and go to sleep at 10 pm. Forget anything that is vaguely related to humor and start to be annoyingly polite with everybody else yet totally careless of anyone else.

I do sometimes wonder if such thing as Switzerland really exists. It just a bunch of provinces from Germany/France/Italy. Each of them speaking another dialect version of the language and all claiming to have nothing to do with their linguistic counterpart, despite behaving exactly the same as them (in a more neutral way, of course).
    Last edited by Francko; 2 October 2008, 21:41. Reason: Initially wrote 10am instead of 10pm. That is not sleep time in CH but lunch time.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Are these the same Swissies that live on planet Earth?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Congrats - Enjoy the Swiss sense of humour

See you in a year or 2

Comment

I worked there 4 years ago. Don't drive a UK registered car because the cops love to ticket them. Swiss drivers love to drive at the speed limit and block the road when you try to overtake. The secret is never to indicate.
          Taxes are high, weather is bad.... you'll be back !!

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
            Congrats - Enjoy the Swiss sense of humour

See you in a year or 2
            When I worked in Zurich they had some cracking jokes about Austrians.

Comment

BOOMED!!!

Yeah the tax in Switzerland is fantastic. You can earn a lot less gross and still have the same net.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

BOOMED!!!

congratulations! dont forget to pop in to let us know how you are doing!

Comment

Have to say I loved working by the banks of Lake Geneva. But I was working with a load of different nationalities, so the sense of humour loss wasn't quite as great.

In fact it always amused me how the French and the Italian Swiss used to take the p1ss out of the German Swiss.

But then I used to get as irritated as the Germans when it came to the others time-keeping...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    Taxes are high, weather is bad.... you'll be back !! ...
                    Yeah, right!

So, bobsmithldn, what city are you in?

Don't forget that the NI equivalent is really low, so even with health insurance premiums, you pay less than in the UK.

btw - don't go for the lowest tier health insurance. And shop around www.comparis.ch (available in english).
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X