• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Went for (another) curry tonight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went for (another) curry tonight

Was having a nice meal with a friend from work, until this couple walked in and spent the next hour having a blazing row. Put me right off my lamb tikka massala I can tell you.

There's at least one couple in Maidenhead who'll be sleeping in separate rooms tonight. Or possibly making up and having incredible sex.

Why do people do that in public (Edit: I mean arguing, not having incredible sex)? At least when I told my wife I didn't love her any more I had the decency to do it in private, in the comfort of our own home, not in front of a load of strangers. Bloody chavs.

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Was having a nice meal with a friend from work, until this couple walked in and spent the next hour having a blazing row. Put me right off my lamb tikka massala I can tell you.

There's at least one couple in Maidenhead who'll be sleeping in separate rooms tonight. Or possibly making up and having incredible sex.

Why do people do that in public (Edit: I mean arguing, not having incredible sex)? At least when I told my wife I didn't love her any more I had the decency to do it in private, in the comfort of our own home, not in front of a load of strangers. Bloody chavs.
    How did she take the news?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      How did she take the news?
      yea, did you sleep in seperate rooms or make up and have incredibly good sex?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
        Put me right off my lamb tikka massala
        Wus

Why do people do that in public
        alcohol

Comment

I went for a curry with the wife last night and this wierd looking guy at the next table seemed more interested in listening in on our private conversation than his Lamb Tikka Masala.

Can't people learn to mind their own business?

Still, at leat me and the wife ended up having incredible sex.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Chicken Tikka Massala (Britains favourite curry) is a British invention. Queen victoria only liked mild curries, so they created a new mild dish, the sauce main ingedient being Campbells tomato soup.

I should be on Eggheads
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Chicken Tikka Massala (Britains favourite curry) is a British invention. Queen victoria only liked mild curries, so they created a new mild dish, the sauce main ingedient being Campbells tomato soup.

I should be on Eggheads
              I can't comment on QVs taste in curries, but I'm pretty sure CTM originated in Glasgow in the 1960's.

Was Campbells tomato soup even around prior to 1901?
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

I should be on Eggheads
                I don't think Eggheads accepts urban myths: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken...Masala#Origins

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  I can't comment on QVs taste in curries, but I'm pretty sure CTM originated in Glasgow in the 1960's.

Was Campbells tomato soup even around prior to 1901?
                  Founded 1869
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Went for a curry last night, there was an extremely ugly couple argueing very loudly, on the table right next to them was a poor chap who looked like he was about to burst into tears!
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X