• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally good topic to discuss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally good topic to discuss

Firefighter cleared by his thong

A fireman who faced the sack after being accused of streaking at work has kept his job after it was revealed he was wearing a thong.

Peter Gilbertson was accused of gross misconduct by Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service over claims he walked naked across the station yard.

He produced the thong as evidence to a disciplinary hearing.

Mr Gilbertson, who works at Gorton Fire Station, Manchester, received a final written warning from his bosses.

He told the hearing he was going to collect some shower gel from a car.

'Bad decision'

The firefighter, who has 15 years service with Greater Manchester Fire Service, said after the hearing: "I would like to sincerely apologise for any embarrassment I have caused to my colleagues at Gorton and the wider service.

"I made a bad decision that day and I am just glad to have been given the opportunity to put this incident behind me and continue with the career that I really enjoy."

Deputy chief fire officer Tony Proctor said: "Following a full disciplinary hearing, disciplinary action has been taken and Firefighter Gilbertson has been issued with a final written warning.

"Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service treats matters regarding the professional conduct of its staff very seriously and is extremely disappointed that such an incident has occurred."

Originally posted by AtW
    Firefighter cleared by his thong

A fireman who faced the sack after being accused of streaking at work has kept his job after it was revealed he was wearing a thong.
    [..]
    Just wonder what happens if they inspect WS underwear.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Which sad bastard grassed him up?
      Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
      You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Just wonder what happens if they inspect WS underwear.
        Lovely black silk French knickers. So smooth against my skin
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

On a serious note, so what? It's not like he was waving his little fireman in a school playground. I can't see what the fuss is about. And what sort of man would be upset by such a sight? Sounds like a bunch of fecking old women, shivering at night in their Emily Bronte winding sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
            On a serious note, so what? It's not like he was waving his little fireman in a school playground. I can't see what the fuss is about. And what sort of man would be upset by such a sight? Sounds like a bunch of fecking old women, shivering at night in their Emily Bronte winding sheets.
            Slave, I think the thing is that he did it while on work premises, if you decide to walk with only your thongs on in the office (whether a man or a woman)I don't think they'll just let you off as they did with him...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
              Slave, I think the thing is that he did it while on work premises, if you decide to walk with only your thongs on in the office (whether a man or a woman)I don't think they'll just let you off as they did with him...
              But that's slightly different. At the station they are all lads together, probably share showers, etc. It's a bit like being in the armed forces (I only have experience of the RAF, but I should imagine the others are the same), lots of practical jokes, drinking, etc.

I agree about the office, but a firestation is a closed environment.

Comment

But that's slightly different. At the station they are all lads together, probably share showers, etc. It's a bit like being in the armed forces (I only have experience of the RAF, but I should imagine the others are the same), lots of practical jokes, drinking, etc.

I agree about the office, but a firestation is a closed environment.

there are FIREWOMEN too ...dah!!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                  there are FIREWOMEN too ...dah!!
                  Are there? Ah.....oh....hmmmm....well.....

To be honest, I've never understood the big deal with nudity. There's nothing really shocking about it and I can't understand why it freaks people out so much. But I guess I'm in a minority of one

Comment

Are there? Ah.....oh....hmmmm....well.....

To be honest, I've never understood the big deal with nudity. There's nothing really shocking about it and I can't understand why it freaks people out so much. But I guess I'm in a minority of one

I agree nudity is fine on the beach, but imagine all those fat old ugly bodies of men or women naked sitting on the desk next to you... leaving skid marks on the office chairs

Comment

Working...
                    X