• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keeping printed copies of electronic timesheets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping printed copies of electronic timesheets

At my current gig, every Friday, I complete an electronic timesheet system to record my hours for the end client. I also take a print out of the timesheet for my own records.

I then submit a MyCo invoice to the agency for payment.

With regards the printout I take of the electronic timesheet for my records, I am wondering if there is any need for me to keep this copy (for example, from an accounts or audit perspective) once my invoice has been paid.

Anyone have a similar setup to the above? What do you do?

I keep them for my own records in case of any disputes, and if the agency's system suddenly truncates my records.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      At my current gig, every Friday, I complete an electronic timesheet system to record my hours for the end client. I also take a print out of the timesheet for my own records.

I then submit a MyCo invoice to the agency for payment.

With regards the printout I take of the electronic timesheet for my records, I am wondering if there is any need for me to keep this copy (for example, from an accounts or audit perspective) once my invoice has been paid.

Anyone have a similar setup to the above? What do you do?
      None whatsoever. Your invoice is all you need. In over 10 years of contracting I've never had a dispute about hours worked.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I keep paper copies, but this is more to maintain an audit trail to support my travel and expenses (i.e. if subject to an HMRC investigation, then I have both a record of expenses, and the timesheets recording the fact that I was on company business).

I have had timesheets queried by the client on occasion, but these were from a subcontractor (blameless, I should add) who was working through my company.
        Plan A is located just about here.
        If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Working...
        X