• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blue Cheese

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Cheese

I purchased a nice slab of Stilton last week, had only eat a bit of it before my wife chucked it out.

Her reason.....

"It was mouldy"

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
    I purchased a nice slab of Stilton last week, had only eat a bit of it before my wife chucked it out.

Her reason.....

"It was mouldy"
    All cheese is mouldy. Chuck the wife out.

The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

My ex banned me from having stinky cheeses.

One of the first things I did once she was history was to go on a booze cruse to France to stock up on all the things she wouldn’t let me have. That included the stinkyist cheese that la Fromagerie had. Young lady there thought it was very funny, but the owner understood very well.

I don’t recall exactly what it was I bought, but it was lovely. However, it did taint the other food (which was the ex’s complaint) and I am sure that it used to move around the fridge (where it’s not supposed to be kept anyway) by itself.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Are there other mould or bacteria ridden foods we are missing out on? How about stinky meat that has been left to fester with your favourite cheese fungus or bacteria cultures?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Are there other mould or bacteria ridden foods we are missing out on? How about stinky meat that has been left to fester with your favourite cheese fungus or bacteria cultures?
          Okay!

Hung Game: Mmmmm!

The real purpose of hanging game is to enable the fibres of the flesh to break down and decompose so that the meat will be more tender. It is very difficult to give exact times as it depends entirely on personal taste. Some prefer slightly tougher meat with a fresh taste, while others enjoy very tender meat with a decidedly 'high' smell and flavour. These times therefore are only very approximate, and are for average seasonable temperatures. If the weather is hotter than average, hang for the shortest length of time given, and if colder than usual, for the longest. The older the game, the longer it must hang. Birds are ready for cooking when the tail, inside leg, or breast feathers can be plucked out easily. Game birds are always hung by the neck (although some say you should hang a pheasant by its feet, until the body drops!). Overhung flesh will have blueish patches on it. Game should always be hung in a shaded place in a current of air, well out of the reach of cats, dogs or foxes.

Sorted
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Game birds? I am not talking about SA.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Game should always be hung in a shaded place in a current of air, well out of the reach of cats, dogs or foxes.

Sorted
              Yeah, cats, dogs or foxes know when they are onto a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                Game birds? I am not talking about SA.
                You mean she isn't a pheasant plucker?

Comment

I prefer Danish Blue to Stilton. It has more of a "tang" and just tastes nicer.

That crumbly white cheese is nice, although I forget its name. Wendsleydale maybe?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

This is the stuff you want if you like a 'strong' cheese

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_Bishop_cheese

Stinking Bishop's notorious odour, which is said to be similar to unwashed socks and wet towels, keeps it popular in the UK and abroad. The distinctive odour comes from the process with which the cheese is washed during its ripening; it is immersed in perry made from the local Stinking Bishop pear (from which the cheese gets its name) every four weeks while it matures.

Might cause the missus to buy a new fridge if you leave it in there

Comment

Working...
                    X