• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Dibble... Not The Brightest.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dibble... Not The Brightest.

The local dibble are having a very high profile clamp down on anyone enjoying themselves... (see here).

To which end they have been round this afternoon and chalked the logo "your town, your choice!" on the pavement in front of various town centre venues.

Did they not consider the forecast rain???? What a complete waste of time.

Oh, and it's off to a flying start with a (very rare) stabbing outside the taxi rank leading to a chap still being in a coma (here).... of course this took place 100 yards from the cop shop, and no licenced premises (other than an Italian restaurant) in sight.

Bet that chalking on the floor would've saved him!!!

The world has gone mad.

</rant>

Hi Wilmslow, how's it going?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Yes, that was a bit Wilmslow -esque wasn't it. Sorry.

(Oh, and the amusing thing: Warwickshire plod don't have enough officers to run the campaign - so when I drove through town just I was surprised to see some West Mids plod out and about!!! Brilliant).

Comment

This is local news gone mad.

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
          To which end they have been round this afternoon and chalked the logo "your town, your choice!" on the pavement in front of various town centre venues.
          Why not chalk underneath "I choose no chalk grafitti on pavements"!

That would have told em.

Comment

Working...
          X