• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTSE In Freefall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTSE In Freefall

Down 4% already, so much for the "bailout bounce"! 4000 by Christmas? Dow 8000? What's the panel's verdict?

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
    What's the panel's verdict?
    DOOMED !

Comment

Oil now under $90

Comment

Better be cool on Wall St - when your index is low
        Watch the greenbacks tumble - feel the sterling crumble

Comment

We're all doomed. Always.

Comment

When we had the drop down to 12,000 on the Dow back in Feb/Mar I said to one of my clients in the US that I could see the Dow in the 9000’s. I was thinking of a low about 9800. He laughed and called me and idiot especially as the index rallied to 13,000. Last week he commented that my view point was likely to come true. I haven’t told him I’ve taken about 1000 points off my expectations.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Looks like FTSE wants to test the low from Friday.

I'm long euro, expecting sundays opening gap to be filled.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Don't see it myself. The demand for Dollars continues.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Oil now under $90

Those financial institutions and/or investors who have the ability to manipulate the movement of crude oil prices, and had prior knowledge and the ability to determine the timeline of the speculative surge and subsequent collapse, were able to reap large money profits both during the upward and downward movement of the price of crude oil.

"The movement in global prices on the New York and Chicago mercantile exchanges bears no relationship to the costs of producing oil. The spiraling price of crude oil is not the result of a shortage of oil. It is estimated that the cost of a barrel of oil in the Middle East does not exceed 15 dollars. The costs of a barrel of oil extracted from the tar sands of Alberta, Canada, is of the order of $30."
                  (For further details see, Michel Chossudovsky, The Global Crisis: Food, Water and Fuel. Three Fundamental Necessities of Life in Jeopardy, Global Research, July 2008)

Comment

Down 4% already, so much for the "bailout bounce"! 4000 by Christmas? Dow 8000? What's the panel's verdict?
                    Christmas is cancelled.
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X