• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swamp Donkey Strikes Again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swamp Donkey Strikes Again

Bed & Bardsleys
    Channel 4 Tue Sep 06 11:40 PM
    1 (45 min., Subtitledin English, 2005, United Kingdom, Education/Science/Factual Topics)
    Add to My Calendar

After appearing on Wife Swap Lizzy and Mark Bardsley were branded spongers and layabouts. Their income from state benefits for themselves and their eight kids was over £37,000. The tabloids labelled them 'Britain's laziest couple.' But they have always argued that they are grafters who have fallen on hard times. Bed & Bardsleys is Lizzy and Mark's opportunity to prove their critics wrong.

They have been challenged to run a Blackpool bed and breakfast for two weeks unaided. Its up to them to get up early every day to make breakfast, clean the rooms, work the bar and keep their guests happy. For Lizzy it's no easy task holding her tongue when an endless succession of demanding guests troop in her door. Tonight, two glamorous London 'it girls' are unceremoniously thrown out onto the street amid a volley of shouting and abuse, and when four Japanese tourists turn up Lizzy reveals some language skills of her own! But things aren't going to plan as Mark seems to be doing all the work while Lizzy thinks it's a holiday every day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So the fat slapper is back on our screens. Who will be looking after their 8 kids?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

There is something strangely attractive ... in such a TV program.

Knowing quite a lot actually about the running of flats, B&Bs all the way up to very high quality accommodation for discerning guests (i.e. people with much much more money than sense) I can well see a hatchet job, a comedy, a farce, a drama, would be all so very very easy to do within a week, never mind two.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      There is something strangely attractive ... in such a TV program.

Knowing quite a lot actually about the running of flats, B&Bs all the way up to very high quality accommodation for discerning guests (i.e. people with much much more money than sense) I can well see a hatchet job, a comedy, a farce, a drama, would be all so very very easy to do within a week, never mind two.
      Is the Flop House in Sunny Don still part of the Threaded Estate, then?
      Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
      You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        So the fat slapper is back on our screens. Who will be looking after their 8 kids?
        It's still us, the taxpayer, of course.

She was supposed to be in court for claiming benefits while being paid for TV appearances but it all went quiet. No doubt some pinko, peruvian hat wearing, fairtrade coffee drinking human rights lawyer intervened...
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I watched it last night. They had a B&B full of 'guests' and while she sat drinking in the bar, her hubby was left to do all the work. Then she got some of her mates up from rochdale and went out on the lash, leaving her husband to do all the work. At one point during the day she was sat, fag in hand, complaining that she was just sitting down for a bit to let the swelling in her ankles go down. (XS weight rather than too much work) Meanwhile her husband was cleaning the place and doing the beds. In the evening he was sat in the bar and looked absolutely knackered while she was out getting pi55ed and watching male strippers. He has since walked off the show - to be shown this evening and they have drafted in Dominic Diamond!! to be her 'partner'
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

So how much are C4 paying her for this??? It's almost as bad as making a celebrity out of Michael Carroll, king of chavs.
            Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Look at her track record - Wife swap, that house thing on c5, 'Celebrity' fat club and now this. No doubt she will be getting other things as well - interviews and the like. I'd say that she will have made a fair old packet out of being a loud mouthed dole scrounging slapper. Not exactly a good role model is it?

Last night they had the usuall Lizzy in full rant mode as seen on everything she does. Always ill thought out and usually 'won' by shouting louder than her opposing number.

Her usual line of 'With you me, what you see is what you get' means that she is actually a loud mouthed dole scrounging slapper

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                Her usual line of 'With you me, what you see is what you get' means that she is actually a loud mouthed dole scrounging slapper
                A case for involuntary euthanasia if ever there was one!
                Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
                You know you'll need us!

Comment

Tony, are we close to celebrating 50,000 minutes yet?

Comment

Nearly - 56355, although spoke to somebody on Monday which could mean that my escape is somewhat sooner. Better money, closer to home, just a shame it would be deep in scouse land. The extra money would have to pay for new wheels on a daily basis!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X