• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schadenfreude

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schadenfreude

Who here is enjoying the doom a little too much?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

As an owner of bank shares and a house bought in 2007 I shouldn't be enjoying it BUT I am.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      As an owner of bank shares and a house bought in 2007 I shouldn't be enjoying it BUT I am.
      Ah, right at the peak then.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Luv'n it.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Ah, right at the peak then.
          Yes to the month I think, super work

Comment

Me too, however taking comfort in the knowledge I sold previous house at the peak too.

Comment

Unlucky. I jumped in 2 years prior to that but nearly bought another in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
                Me too, however taking comfort in the knowledge I sold previous house at the peak too.
                I owned three at the time of the peak and got shut of two after a bit of a struggle so I feel I've got away with it.

However I was quite close to renting and having none which was always the master plan. I cracked under nagging Mrs and new baby strain PLUS I knew you can never lose with bricks and mortar

I would of enjoyed haggling with a distressed 10 bob millionaire to buy his palace for peanuts

Comment

Nobody can really take too much pleasure in it, because if it all goes belly up, having some savings or an expensive house won't feed you or stop the breakdown of society. Nobody except those strange people with bunkers full of tinned foods and guns can really feel remotely secure.

But luckily things are bad, but we're only taking about the margins, we're not talking starvation and total collapse, just a deflation of posited wealth. Unfortunately we have a scaremonger culture (since 9/11) and the papers love this stuff.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                    But luckily things are bad, but we're only taking about the margins, we're not talking starvation and total collapse, just a deflation of posited wealth. Unfortunately we have a scaremonger culture (since 9/11) and the papers love this stuff.
                    911 BC

Scaremongering is as old as man
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X