• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour willwin the next election - Tories gave wrong message

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour willwin the next election - Tories gave wrong message

Osborne's "we have nothing to offer but economic pain" speech was a bad miscalculation. With the masses currently so afraid they will stick with Labour who they will trust to spend the the way out of the depression.
    Hmmmmm.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Osborne's "we have nothing to offer but economic pain" speech was a bad miscalculation. With the masses currently so afraid they will stick with Labour who they will trust to spend the the way out of the depression.
    Hmmmmm.
    Agreed. They have avoided criticising Brown and Darlings destruction of the UK economy, giving the New Lie a get out of jail free card.

IMHO opinion they should have attacked Brown's "record" of economic genius at every opportunity and presented themselves as a party of spending cuts, tax cuts and investment in industry and services.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Hmmmmm.
      As NL said - this is no time for a novice.

President Bush once had a dream
      The world held his hand, gave their pledge
      So he told them his scheme for a Bailout Machine

They called it the Prayer, its answer was law
      Its logic stopped war, gave them food
      How they adored till it cried in its boredom

'Please don't believe in me, please disagree with me
      Life is too easy, a plague seems quite feasible now
      or maybe a war, or I may kill you all

Don't let me stay, don't let me stay
      My logic says burn so send me away
      Your minds are too green, I despise all I've seen
      You can't stake your lives on a Bailout Machine

I need you flying, and I'll show that dying
      Is living beyond reason, sacred dimension of time
      I perceive every sign, I can steal every mind

Don't let me stay, don't let me stay
      My logic says burn so send me away
      Your minds are too green, I despise all I've seen
      You can't stake your lives on a Bailout Machine

Comment

Or maybe the public appreciate hearing a bit of realism, rather than the usual say anything to get into power and then fail to deliver.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Or maybe the public appreciate hearing a bit of realism, rather than the usual say anything to get into power and then fail to deliver.
          No point in copying New Labour on that front.

Comment

Are you not afraid to post from client again? In current climate sacking people for these "offences" is the best way to avoid redundancy or proper notice.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              No point in copying New Labour on that front.

You seem to be saying they should.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

You seem to be saying they should.
                No they should stick with public spending cuts, tax cuts and investments in sustainable industries and R&D. That's what they should say and that's what they should do.

The trillions £££ taken in tax over the last 10 years has been (on the whole) wasted and has brought little benefit to the taxpayers.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Are you not afraid to post from client again? In current climate sacking people for these "offences" is the best way to avoid redundancy or proper notice.
                  I'm at home!

Comment

That's my point - spending cuts won't wash now.
                    Labour were wrong to spend in the boom, but now public spending HAS to happen and its the right thing to do.
                    Cutting public spending now is a recipe for disaster.

Having incorrectly voted Labour in for years, the irony is that this time the masses are right, macro-economically.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X