• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twanging noise on house is neighbours gate...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twanging noise on house is neighbours gate...

Thankfully not the house getting banjoed!

Seriously - I am in a detached house, and the neighbour has a gate bolted to my house - when this opens and closes the twanging noise goes through the wall so I can hear it.

I have asked my neighbour to remove and get their gatepost free-standing - they said they have tried it, but it did not work.

Told them their problem to resolve as their gate.

Solicitor said that the neighbours (from conveyancing) asked the houseowner if they could bolt onto the house, declined, they moved back. Obviously now that I have bought the house they are trying their luck.

If anyone happens to know if there is a legal minimum for how close the post in their driveway that borders my house brickwork should be, I would love to hear about it!

Thanks.

This may help

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6n4iqocDXr4
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Excellent post Wilmslow
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Excellent post Wilmslow
        whoever owns this sockpuppet
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

The plans will define your boundaries. The boundary obviously starts outside the wall by a distance x, or at the outer edge of your wall. Therefore the neighbour's fixture has crossed the boundary. Therefore the neighbour should be banjoed.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            whoever owns this sockpuppet
            WSS

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Seriously -

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post

The plans will define your boundaries. The boundary obviously starts outside the wall by a distance x, or at the outer edge of your wall. Therefore the neighbour's fixture has crossed the boundary. Therefore the neighbour should be banjoed.

HTH
                The wall marks the end of my boundary and beginning of the neighbours.

However.... Can a neighbour put anything right up to the boundary within a milimetre, or, should common sense prevail and leave an inch or so?

The tiles overhang the wall, hence I am not sure if the wall itself is the boundary, or the roof tiles to be honest.... Will check with the solicitor who did my conveyancing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  However.... Can a neighbour put anything right up to the boundary within a milimetre, or, should common sense prevail and leave an inch or so?
                  Come on, you're having a laugh now - everyone knows it's 3 microns (give or take).

Comment

You went to a solicitor over a noisy gate? And you wonder why you have a hard time with neighbours? I'm sure you will soon find fresh egg on your car...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X