• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pots and kettles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pots and kettles

the French complain about British drivers. Now I've heard it all. They'll be accusing us of not queueing next.

They shouldn't have made their motorways so good and so empty if they didn't want us to speed.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Once more, the French do something proper where we just let off all the foreign registered vehicles caught speeding here.

On the subject of French drivers, I noticed that they are crazy and often do taligate you even when you're above the legal limit yourself, however unlike BMW morons in this country, they at least have the decency to try and blast past you at the first blind bend.

Comment

Last time I drove in France was over towards Switzerland

There was very sharp bend on the motorway with a speed camera just before it.

It was night time and the speed camera was going off so often it was almost strobing
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Once more, the French do something proper where we just let off all the foreign registered vehicles caught speeding here.

On the subject of French drivers, I noticed that they are crazy and often do taligate you even when you're above the legal limit yourself, however unlike BMW morons in this country, they at least have the decency to try and blast past you at the first blind bend.
          Do they exist anymore? I thought most of them had swapped chariots since Audi went all 'bling'.

As a former Audi driver I quite fancy a BMW now.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Do they exist anymore? I thought most of them had swapped chariots since Audi went all 'bling'.

nope they still exist... in Manchester anyway
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

A study by the French transport ministry found 900,000 German driver, 550,000 Britons and 350,000 Italians are flashed by French cameras every year.
              The worst speeding stretch is on the A26 motorway which heads south from the ferry and channel tunnel in Calais: three-quarters of of all drivers pulled over for speeding on the 70-mile stretch of road are British in the summer months. It even has speed warning signs flash up in English, as well as French.
              That'll be me on Thursday morning then on my way to Bristol (or possibly on the hard shoulder of the M4 as I'll be pissed off with the tail to tail Mondeos in the 3rd lane )
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

BMW driver just don't indicate which is handy for knocking down children crossing roads or causing motorway pile ups. Turbo diesel drivers tend to be the worst behaved motorists of course many of those are BMW drivers too, including that ugly little one.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  BMW driver just don't indicate which is handy for knocking down children crossing roads or causing motorway pile ups. Turbo diesel drivers tend to be the worst behaved motorists of course many of those are BMW drivers too, including that ugly little one.
                  I'm a BMW driver now and always use my indicators both for overtaking and for pulling back in. Today I had 4 cars pull out in front of me, none were BMWs but were those bloody great family wagon things (Ford and Volkswagen) and a Renault van. The worst drivers tend to be either young girls who have a decent car (execpt in town then any old car will do as long as they can use their phone, indicate, smoke and drive at the same time), older power women or older twats in hats in big Merc/BMW/Audi estates.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    But the newish shape 3 series isn't that common compared to the old one and it has the best of the 2 litre TD's, why would I forget to indicate?

I've managed to reach 37 without owning a BMW, should I avoid them because of a stereotype?

I want an Alfa 159 really but my sensible head says no.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X