• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rut Time !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut Time !!!

OK, as some of you know I'm 100% home based, no interaction. Lots of gym and thats my social outlet. Mainly have a drink of wine at home if I want a drink but thats about it. Feel myself, slipping deeper into a rut. Not blowing my own trumpet but good at what I do (developer ) and blo*dy good sense of humour (sounds like an Internet dating profile !!!!!)

Ex, is asking me to have more time with my little one, bonding etc which I love but ex goes out, and gets babysitters all the time etc. I live in a sleepy little town, not the buzzing metropolis, and devoid of (not meaning to offend) 'tottie'. The way the ex has worked it I will not have a weekend to myself per se, as the alternate weekends I dont see my daughter she wants me to have her on the Sunday morning through to Monday. Lovely, but rut time. How the hell am I going to move on.

Any suggestions ?

Read a Wilmslow post to put your problems into perspective
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

OK, will do, post a specific link... Interested

Comment

What about moving to the city? If you're single and want a better social life then a sleepy town isn't the place for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
          What about moving to the city? If you're single and want a better social life then a sleepy town isn't the place for you.
          WHS

although i get the feeling that you don't want to move away from your daughter (nothing wrong with that).
          Also, the simple act of moving to the city won't change your life overnight.

How far away from the city do you live? Some online dating might get you "back out there"
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Where do you live?

There are quite a few home based workers now. I meet up with a few other home workers that I've met through the kids. Some of the single ones take turns to baby sit while the others go out.

Comment

There's no such thing as a dull night out in Pompey. Get yourself over to Southsea.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
                There's no such thing as a dull night out in Pompey. Get yourself over to Southsea.
                good
                Southampton
                Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

There must be things you can do to make new friends... does the gym not have a social side to it?

Even if you do have your daughter Sunday to Monday, you can still go out and meet girls on a Friday night...

You must have some mates where you live surely some of them must know other people who are single, get introduced. You will be grand.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    There must be things you can do to make new friends... does the gym not have a social side to it?

Even if you do have your daughter Sunday to Monday, you can still go out and meet girls on a Friday night...

You must have some mates where you live surely some of them must know other people who are single, get introduced. You will be grand.
                    Maybe he's really ugly?

Comment

Working...
                    X