• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dealing with hostile permies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dealing with hostile permies?

Have you had to deal with hostile permie(s)?

With this credit crunch, small payrises or redundancies for permies whilst contractors get kept on, are you fearful of bitter permies?

Be afraid! Be very afraid
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Simply avoided by not using the staff car park

permies see you walked, which in modern britain equates to poverty
      and it stops the scrotes keying your £50k pride and joy
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Been doing it ages - best policy just to think about how much more you enjoy what you do (if you do) - if you don't then go back to permiedom.

Comment

The best way to deal with it is to simply ignore it.

I get it in varying degrees from different types of people at different sites, usually the ones with no power do it when the boss is not within earshot.

Its partly something to do with permies feeling that they have somehow failed in life and they want you to attain the same level of failure by ultimately ousting you, whereas in reality you haven't 'really' done that much better than them.

Someone once said to me "People don't like knowing that you are doing better than them", I agree there is alot of petiness.

I personally don't care whether someone is earning 1 million quid per year or 25K, I don't look down on them or resent them being there earning that level of money.

Unfortunately the small minded and the anxiety ridden are about in the office.

Comment

Go on the offensive.
            An old friend changed his sounds on windows opening to go kerrching. He replied with the same word every time somebody had a pop at him. He once told a permie he was only jealous because he (the contractor) earned more going for a tulip than he (the permie) earned all day. Permie was stunned into never having a pop again.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Tell them you just contract 'cos it pays twice as much and encourage them to quit in search of a new contracting career. More chance of an extension for you when they leave...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Tell them you just contract 'cos it pays twice as much and encourage them to quit in search of a new contracting career. More chance of an extension for you when they leave...
                The downside will be more contractors in the market

Comment

I usually either ignore the feckwits, or, if they really p*ss me off take them aside in a public place at the client site & loudly ask them, in terms unmistakable as robust, what the hell their problem is.

Best way to look at it is:- I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to make money. Do whatever you think needs doing, take the cash & if you come out of it with some friends or good associations, great - if not, don't cry over it.

Remember that Permies are people who don't realise they have a life of their own & are willing to be enslaved to a company for a pittance.

Someone on these boards has a great sig to remember too:-
                  We're not just doing this for money, we're doing this for sh*t loads of money

Chin up!

Comment

Wow ... some really aggresive people on here.
                    I generally just ignore them, and spend more time schmoozing with the people that matter in the organisation.

Comment

Working...
                    X