• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here still banking with an Icelandic bank?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here still banking with an Icelandic bank?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7655227.stm

National bankruptcy

"We were faced with the real possibility that the national economy would be sucked into the global banking swell and end in national bankruptcy," Mr Haarde said.

"The legislation is necessary to avoid that fate."

Before the legislation was announced, Iceland's financial supervisory authority said it had decided to temporarily suspend trading in the three biggest three banks - Kaupthing, Landsbanki and Glitnir - and three other financial groups, Straumur-Burdaras, Exista and Spron.

I don't think I'd feel safe with savings in an Icelandic bank. Anyone here got money stashed in http://www.icesave.co.uk/ or http://www.kaupthingedge.co.uk/

We are not currently processing any deposits or any withdrawal requests through our Icesave internet accounts. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause our customers. We hope to provide you with more information shortly.
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 7 October 2008, 12:11.

Cash ISA transferred last week
    Gronda Gronda

Comment

Bauger is behind a large number of UK retailers.

Comment

Originally posted by grey_lady View Post
        Bauger is behind a large number of UK retailers.
        such as?
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I made a transfer out on Friday, because it was after 11am my money only lands here tomorrow

Saying that it will be landing in RBS which looks like it's going under itself if you look at the stockmarket NOW

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            such as?
            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art...uard-cash.html

One group, Baugur, controls a substantial chunk of the British high street, backing firms which employ 55,000 people and have £5billion of sales.
            It owns or has stakes in companies as diverse as the food retailer Iceland, jeweller Goldsmiths, House of Fraser department stores and Hamleys the toy shop.

Their future today is uncertain as, despite protestations to the contrary, it is hard to see their present owners being able to hang on to them if there is a complete collapse at home.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              such as?
              Woolworths, Somerfield, Oasis, Karen Millen to name but a few.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Tried to transfer cash out this morning from icesave
                Barstewards have blocked all withdrawls

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

I assume ( hope ) my money that left on Friday will make it. We live in scary times.

I've got £1 left in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X