• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thread for AtW's drivelsome analysis of current events

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread for AtW's drivelsome analysis of current events

Just so he doesn't pollute all the other threads with it
    ǝןqqıʍ

Banking shares have fallen in London amid news that the bosses of big banks had met Chancellor Alistair Darling to discuss fundraising.

[atw's comment: I predicted this when I was 5 years old ]

Royal Bank of Scotland fell 17%, HBOS dropped 14%, Lloyds TSB was down 11% and Barclays fell 5%.

[atw's comment: With my advanced foresight I knew Llloyds was the safest bank]

The banks called on Mr Darling to come up with rescue plan proposals, BBC business editor Robert Peston said.

[atw's comment: This Darling fellow does not have have 36 hours Pass economics module ]

Barclays has categorically denied that it has requested any capital from the UK government.

[atw's comment: If I was boss I would have stopped them buying Porsche. What wrong with Lada? ]

RBS confirmed that the meeting with Mr Darling had taken place, but blamed the share price fall on two very large share trades taking place, which under stock market rules meant that the shares were temporarily suspended.

[atw's comment: Short selling evil traders should be shot, if I was boss ]

Lloyds TSB has declined to comment, but banking sources have said there will be another meeting later on Tuesday.

[atw's comment: Lloyds is very safe bank - what rubbish ]
    The Treasury said it did not comment on whether or not meetings were taking place.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Add one more here: I never trusted this Icesave crap despite higher rate.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Banking shares have fallen in London amid news that the bosses of big banks had met Chancellor Alistair Darling to discuss fundraising.

[atw's comment: I predicted this when I was 5 years old ]

Royal Bank of Scotland fell 17%, HBOS dropped 14%, Lloyds TSB was down 11% and Barclays fell 5%.

[atw's comment: With my advanced foresight I knew Llloyds was the safest bank]

The banks called on Mr Darling to come up with rescue plan proposals, BBC business editor Robert Peston said.

[atw's comment: This Darling fellow does not have have 36 hours Pass economics module ]

Barclays has categorically denied that it has requested any capital from the UK government.

[atw's comment: If I was boss I would have stopped them buying Porsche. What wrong with Lada? ]

RBS confirmed that the meeting with Mr Darling had taken place, but blamed the share price fall on two very large share trades taking place, which under stock market rules meant that the shares were temporarily suspended.

[atw's comment: Short selling evil traders should be shot, if I was boss ]

Lloyds TSB has declined to comment, but banking sources have said there will be another meeting later on Tuesday.

[atw's comment: Lloyds is very safe bank - what rubbish ]
        The Treasury said it did not comment on whether or not meetings were taking place.
        When AtW takes charge you'll go to jail for questioning his judgement.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          When AtW takes charge you'll go to jail for questioning his judgement.
          No, that won't happen. I am very tolerate of people who have wrong views.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            No, that won't happen. I am very tolerate of people who have wrong views.

Well we're not so fook off.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              You certainly have some pent up aggression that you take out on people, I think you should stop because this is not a prison mate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                X