• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proof of AtW's financial foresight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof of AtW's financial foresight

"Iceland appears to be a big hedge fund, only it is their banks that highly leveraged things - I'd stay away from those as they are good candidates to be allowed to go bust completely."

That was in March 2008.

AtW.

I have a lot of savings.

Should I keep cash in a bin liner in the garage, buy gold, keep it in bank accounts or buy more BTL properties now?

Yours,

DP.

Comment

It's like the monkeys in the basement of the British museum. Given enough time they type the complete works of Shakespeare by random.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

The Joker: If you're good at something, never do it for free.

Maybe I should start charging CUK congregation for my financial posts.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          It's like the monkeys in the basement of the British museum. Given enough time they type the complete works of Shakespeare by random.
          You work in the City but did not make any predictions of that kind that came true pretty quickly. You are not a monkey - you are a worm with tulip for brains.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            AtW.

I have a lot of savings.

Should I keep cash in a bin liner in the garage, buy gold, keep it in bank accounts or buy more BTL properties now?

Yours,

DP.
            It appears that there is significant cynicism and a lack of appreciation for Atw's economic foresight and analysis on this board. As fellow contractors surely you should be grateful that he is willing to share this insight with yourselves. He doesn't even charge for this advice. Show a little appreciation and start cashing in (pun intended) by following his suggestions. Sheesh, some people have some nerve.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              The Joker: If you're good at something, never do it for free.

Maybe I should start charging CUK congregation for my financial posts.

Does this mean if we don't pay you won't post?
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

And just to prove how you parrot other peoples opinions after the fact, be they about Iceland or house prices, here's a post where other people got there first. Face it atw, you're an average or common garden loser.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...hlight=iceland
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

There are monkeys in the basement of the British museum

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    There are monkeys in the basement of the British museum
                    ssshhhhh the greys cant find out
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X