• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banks

Will banks be attractive places to work in in the future:
    Merrill bankers to be put on sh*te salaries
    I'm alright Jack

What's the big deal? So they're going to be paying market rates? That's not unusual is it?!
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Whs

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        What's the big deal? So they're going to be paying market rates? That's not unusual is it?!
        If a banking job is advertised at market rate, it means sh*te.

If its high they display it in bold font.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Will TUPE not apply?

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
            Will TUPE not apply?
            Wasn't aware that was available in the US?

Comment

they employ a few people in the uk too. i'd be surprised if the yanks didn't have similar protection. what it will mean is redundancy at the earliest opportunity for the high earners and for those who stay zero pay rise and bonuses until they can't take it any more.

Comment

Amazing that only a month ago the very mention of taking away annual Fat Cat bonues would have been viewed as tantamount to heresey - is now viewed as social justice.

Cheer up though - we have the Xmas Fat Cat showtrials to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Will banks be attractive places to work in in the future:
                  Merrill bankers to be put on sh*te salaries
                  It could be worse. They could work at McDonalds....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    It could be worse. They could work at McDonalds....
                    I'm beginning to wonder. McDonalds pay more for graduate trainees than some Jobservers offer for SQL coding. Plus benefits: company car, flexible working, private healthcare ...

And there are prospects: the CEO of McDonalds started off on the counter.

Not sure that's worse than some IT, actually.

Comment

Working...
                    X