• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next stop for the FTSE?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next stop for the FTSE?

Doesnt look too good for the FTSE this morning. The city were unimpressed with the govt. communicating what they were going to do via a leak on the BBC website

Contestants, make your choice!
    0.00%
    40.00%
    20.00%
    40.00%

The poll is expired.

'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Doesnt look too good for the FTSE this morning. The city were unimpressed with the govt. communicating what they were going to do via a leak on the BBC website

Contestants, make your choice!
    at 09:00
    FTSE 100 4418.63 down -186.59 -4.05%

Time to buy put options?

Comment

errr - where is the witty andyw option?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        errr - where is the witty andyw option?
        lol, Brillo.

I made 100 pips this morning, selling the FTSE. I dont normally jump in on a momentum move but I couldnt help myself

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          lol, Brillo.

I made 100 pips this morning, selling the FTSE. I dont normally jump in on a momentum move but I couldnt help myself

BOOMED!!!!

keep the money safe - another 3 years and some property bargains to be had.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

BOOMED!!!!

keep the money safe - another 3 years and some property bargains to be had.....
            Congrats on the contract renewal, BTW.

Comment

DJStoxx 600 226.80 -13.92 -5.78
              FTSE 100 4,369.15 -236.07 -5.13
              DAX 30 4,987.35 -339.28 -6.37
              CAC 40 3,509.44 -222.78 -5.97
              S&P/MIB 22,307.00 -1,315.00 -5.57

Bored.

Comment

From FT.com

FTSE 100 Index (FTSE:FSI) set a new 52-week low during today's trading session when it reached 4,327. Over this period, the share price is down 34.76%
                Ouch!

Edit: now says " when it reached 4,245. Over this period, the share price is down 35.39%."
                Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 8 October 2008, 08:19.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Doesn't matter where it bottoms, the lower the better.
                  When it does, fill yer boots.
                  Bargains to be had.
                  I am still predicting tomorrow morning for confidence, though we may have to wait for the new moon which is about the 24th I think.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

FTSE bounced off support from August 2004 at around the 4200 level. We may retrace a bit here before continuing down.

Keep talking Gordon!

Comment

Working...
                    X