• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC News business editor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC News business editor

Some of you may have noticed Robert Peston has replaced Evan Davis as the BBC news business editor.

I preferred Evan as he always made his reports interesting to listen too he made an effort in wrapping up the story in a neat analogy you me and the family pets could understand. He will always be remembered in my mind for "Good luck with that."

Robert Peston gets up my snout however. His favourite phrase "Now lets be clear"

Every-time he's on the news he says it. Sounds so patronising. Not to mentioned the format of his reports are appalling. Nothing constructive about them.

Rant over
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I think there was a thread about him not so long ago, along the same lines.

Yep he's a prat, I don't like him either.
    That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

He is the economic mouthpiece of New Lie. His reporting of leaks has been damaging the banking system, almost as if this was New Lie's intention. He will no doubt be mentioned in scathing terms in the Northern Rock Judicial Review in January.

Comment

Yep - twas me:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ed-peston.html

He is an idiot of the first order, not to mention fecking irresponsible. How he was allowed into such an influential position I'll never know.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I like the guy on newsnight, although I think he annoys Paxo
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I think a few complaints will be heading to the BBC about his recent reporting...

not that will make a blind bit of difference....

Comment

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/c...-200810081310/

Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gd01ai4nEwo
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Brilliant - v chris morris-esque
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

He is a first class twunt.

Comment

Working...
                    X