• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Japanese credit crunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese credit crunch

Following the problems with Lehmann Bros and the sub-prime lending market in the USA uncertainty has now hit Japan .

In the last 7 days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up, and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches.

Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikasi Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.

While Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.

Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop, and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal.

it was just as tedious last week
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...hlight=Origami
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I have found this tedious since I posted it a year ago !!!

Comment

well I enjoyed it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          I wonder how many contractors have lost their savings thanks to the great tips from Martin Lewis. Six months ago he was banging on about how great the Icelandic banks were.

Comment

Originally posted by HermanDune View Post
            I wonder how many contractors have lost their savings thanks to the great tips from Martin Lewis. Six months ago he was banging on about how great the Icelandic banks were.
            ML is a friend-of-a-friend, and apparently a nice bloke. Not sure it's fair to blame him for recommending what was (at the time) a pretty attractive deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
              ML is a friend-of-a-friend, and apparently a nice bloke.
              Hang on a second ago. If ML is a friend of a friend, surely he's bound to say ML is a nice bloke It's a relationship consisting entirely of friends, presumable where one friend knows ML directly and the other doesn't, but knows the first friend directly, and you know the latter directly, and the former indirectly, and ML distantly. Now if there were an enemy of ML in the mix, we could maybe reach a more objective assessment of his good blokeishness.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Hang on a second ago. If ML is a friend of a friend, surely he's bound to say ML is a nice bloke It's a relationship consisting entirely of friends, presumable where one friend knows ML directly and the other doesn't, but knows the first friend directly, and you know the latter directly, and the former indirectly, and ML distantly. Now if there were an enemy of ML in the mix, we could maybe reach a more objective assessment of his good blokeishness.
                Fair cop guv, maybe a bit more detail. My mate is mates with ML's close friend, ergo he knows ML but is not directly his mate. If ML was, in fact, a t055er then he (the mate) would say it without hesitation.

If you can follow that, you're a damn sight brighter than moi.

Mr "Rumsfeld" Tensai

Comment

If its now in Japan, surely it would be called a 'cwedit cwunch'

Comment

Working...
                  X