PDA

View Full Version : English Sport

Bovvered
8th September 2005, 08:28
Patriotic till the end, I will never desert my favourite national football team, but after last nights pathetic performace let's hope that we have something to cheer about over the next few days and send Shane and his cronies back on a long miserable flight back down under.

WageSlave
8th September 2005, 08:44
And don't forget The Hitman himself. Ricky Hatton handed the Aussies their champion's arse on a plate. Class showing, Ricky :yay:

Lucifer Box
8th September 2005, 08:50
Just to make sure, is it still possible for England to recall Geoff Boycott for the last test? He's just the sort of character they need to grind out that draw... "and Boycott has been at the crease for 9 hours now and is on 17..."

Bovvered
8th September 2005, 08:51
And don't forget The Hitman himself. Ricky Hatton handed the Aussies their champion's arse on a plate. Class showing, Ricky :yay:

Ahhh, how can I forget! I wonder how he will get on with a new promoter? I thought if he was to leave FW he would maybe go with a US promoter now he has the belt.

WageSlave
8th September 2005, 09:03
Ahhh, how can I forget! I wonder how he will get on with a new promoter? I thought if he was to leave FW he would maybe go with a US promoter now he has the belt.

I believe he is signing with Dennis Hobson (Sheffield promoter). I'm not sure going state side would be the best move for Hatton. It didn't work out too well for Nigel Benn. Hatton certainly needs to be mixing it more with class fighters and to get out of Manchester every so often. He proved he had genuine class by destroying Tszyu and he needs to make the most of his career, otherwise he'll end up being another Calzaghe.

WageSlave
8th September 2005, 13:17
send Shane and his cronies back on a long miserable flight back down under.

157 for 4. Hmmm.....

wendigo100
8th September 2005, 14:06
204 for 4 and rising.

Warney's wickets were a blip.