• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

English Sport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English Sport

Patriotic till the end, I will never desert my favourite national football team, but after last nights pathetic performace let's hope that we have something to cheer about over the next few days and send Shane and his cronies back on a long miserable flight back down under.

And don't forget The Hitman himself. Ricky Hatton handed the Aussies their champion's arse on a plate. Class showing, Ricky
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Just to make sure, is it still possible for England to recall Geoff Boycott for the last test? He's just the sort of character they need to grind out that draw... "and Boycott has been at the crease for 9 hours now and is on 17..."

Comment

Re: Hitma

Originally posted by WageSlave
        And don't forget The Hitman himself. Ricky Hatton handed the Aussies their champion's arse on a plate. Class showing, Ricky

Ahhh, how can I forget! I wonder how he will get on with a new promoter? I thought if he was to leave FW he would maybe go with a US promoter now he has the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bovvered
          Ahhh, how can I forget! I wonder how he will get on with a new promoter? I thought if he was to leave FW he would maybe go with a US promoter now he has the belt.
          I believe he is signing with Dennis Hobson (Sheffield promoter). I'm not sure going state side would be the best move for Hatton. It didn't work out too well for Nigel Benn. Hatton certainly needs to be mixing it more with class fighters and to get out of Manchester every so often. He proved he had genuine class by destroying Tszyu and he needs to make the most of his career, otherwise he'll end up being another Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bovvered
            send Shane and his cronies back on a long miserable flight back down under.
            157 for 4. Hmmm.....

Comment

204 for 4 and rising.

Warney's wickets were a blip.

Comment

Working...
              X