• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family weekend away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family weekend away

I live near Basel - which is on the border of Switzerland, Germany and France.

Scenario 1)

I want to take the wife and kids away for the weekend. Realisticly (sp?), we're looking at going not too-early Saturday (two of the kids are teenagers, the younger likes to sleep late), returning Sunday afternoon. Where should we go? Wife says "NOT Europaparc".

Scenario 2) Cos the only reason the wife wants to take the kids is that she gets anxious away from them, and can't cope with more than one night away. OTOH she is rather lovely...

I want to take the wife away for the weekend. Leaving any time Saturday, , returning Sunday afternoon. Where should we go?

Money isn't an object. But doesn't stretch to private jets.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Hahahaha!

What a conundrum, most people would be glad to get out of this hell-hole called England let alone being in Switzerland.

I'll be joining you in sunny Zurich in a couple of weeks to make a new life outside of this shi*hole.

Comment

eeeeee it's tough doon sooth.

But thanks for reminding me of the benefits!

btw - the best thing about Zürich is the last train to Basel.

Comment

Try Margate.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I live near Basel - which is on the border of Switzerland, Germany and France.

Scenario 1)

I want to take the wife and kids away for the weekend. Realisticly (sp?), we're looking at going not too-early Saturday (two of the kids are teenagers, the younger likes to sleep late), returning Sunday afternoon. Where should we go? Wife says "NOT Europaparc".

Scenario 2) Cos the only reason the wife wants to take the kids is that she gets anxious away from them, and can't cope with more than one night away. OTOH she is rather lovely...

I want to take the wife away for the weekend. Leaving any time Saturday, , returning Sunday afternoon. Where should we go?

Money isn't an object. But doesn't stretch to private jets.
          What about a visit to Lake Geneva? Stay in Vevey or somewhere equally picturesque, do a bit of walking, a bit of shopping at the market and chill out for the weekend
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

is the oktoberfest on?

kids might find it boring but after a few steins you'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              What about a visit to Lake Geneva? Stay in Vevey or somewhere equally picturesque, do a bit of walking, a bit of shopping at the market and chill out for the weekend
              We already did Vevey, three years ago. I'd be most happy to do it again, but the better half...

Comment

We already did Vevey, three years ago. I'd be most happy to do it again, but the better half...
                How about Interlaken - I loved it there

Actually I stayed in Lauterbrunnen (SP?) but it was near Interlaken
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Little trip into the mountains? Chateau D'Oex is nice and the forecast's good for this weekend
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
                    is the oktoberfest on?

kids might find it boring but after a few steins you'll be happy.
                    Oktoberfest finished last weekend. The Stuttgart Cantstatter Volksfest is still on.
                    Actually Oktoberfest is great for kids. There is a huge fairground as part of it. Stuttgart fest is just a little smaller but just as good.
                    If it is a fun fair then surely a romantic weekend in Paris with a trip to Disney.

I would also recommend a trip to the Black Forest. Take a walk in the woods. Couple of nice hotels in Tittisee (honest).

It would help if we knew if the OP wants a city break, a fun park or other.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X