• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nanny is becoming a bully

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nanny is becoming a bully

and I'm not talking about the government.

Bowdlerisation of posts is what I'm talking about. Now even Eff Eee Cee Kay is converted without so much as a by-your-leave to "FLIP".

So controlling is the management, that the mildest euphemisms, when recognised as such, are converted from modesty to farce. And that's an f in arce, if nanny notices.

Does this say more about the rude nature of the posters, or the pisillanimous nature of the board?

Originally posted by expat View Post

Bowdlerisation of posts is what I'm talking about. Now even Eff Eee Cee Kay is converted without so much as a by-your-leave to "FLIP".

So controlling is the management, that the mildest euphemisms, when recognised as such, are converted from modesty to farce. And that's an f in arce, if nanny notices.

Does this say more about the rude nature of the posters, or the pisillanimous nature of the board?
    Been like that for about a year expat.... where have you been?
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Been like that for about a year expat.... where have you been?
      posting but not reading

Anyway, I'm not claiming to be announcing news, but I am making comment. Is this kind of behaviour seen as OK these days. I might almost let it go, but when I think about it, it is insulting and overbearing to treat adults this way.
      Last edited by expat; 8 October 2008, 19:49.

Comment

pusillanimous. Or was that a pun?

Hint : Mozilla has a spell-checker.

Comment

Is piss still allowed?
          Still Invoicing

Comment

That will be a yes then
            Still Invoicing

Comment

Yes - its a bore. THe alternative is to leave. But stop and think how much you would miss me!

I know you wil stay!

Comment

norks **** fck tits piss tulip tulip arsehole asshole

Testing 1, 2, 3...
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Comment

it is insulting and overbearing to treat adults this way
                    Adults yes.

However, there are some posts which would appear to have been written by children, hence the "naughty stick" approach.

At the end of the day, we are all here posting under the board's T&C's.

It's their board, and their rules. Simple really.

Play nice and you have nothing to fear.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X