• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

quitting smoking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quitting smoking

since i turned the big 3 0 last weekend i decided it'd be best to quit smoking once and for all, no excuses..

i've done it before.. sort of.. well usually for around 2-4 months or so then there's always an excuse to start again, the main one being "well, i like it and i have just proved its not an addiction as i quit for x months"

anyway, this time i'm determined to stop but it seems so much harder and im only on day 4

help or tips greatly appreciated..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

You could try the three step Stu approach:
    • Don't buy fags
    • Don't crash fags from anyone
    • Don't pick them up off the street

That'll be £400 ta
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

im good with step 1
      step 2 is even easier as i dont speak german
      step 3 is easier still as germany has nice clean streets..

fantastic, lordy lord, im cured

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        im good with step 1

Excellent. Invoice is in the post
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Lion bars are better for you.
          That boy go raaaaaaa
          Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

try and cut down on your drinking
            do some excercise
            get some proper sleep
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              im good with step 1

Repeat to yourself 1000 times, Rauchen ist verboten, Rauchen ist verboten ...

You'll hate smoking afterwards. Everything becomes unpleasant when spoken in german anyway.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                try and cut down on your drinking
                do some excercise
                get some proper sleep
                arse
                shisser [spelling]
                hmm i like that idea

lots to ponder.. cheers

Comment

Get your head round the idea of the habitual part of smoking - specifically the triggers - after meals, waiting for transport etc. Gotta prepare for them, and either avoid them or figure out a strategy.

I still fall down 5 years later with beer, I can go a night at home and have a few beers and no worries. But if I go out, and the missus isn't around to give me a hard time I always end up smoking. Never ever do it without beer involved now, so sort of beat it but fall by the wayside now and then.

Good luck chef, it's a biatch!
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Personally I think the trick is to do whatever it takes to get yourself in the right frame of mind to believe you can do it.

Reading 2 books by this guy is what did it for me (not sure either was this actual book):
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-...3496052&sr=8-1

I'd been smoking since I was 17, had tried to quit loads of times and never lasted more than 5 days.
                    The books actually encourrige you to keep smoking until you have finished reading them, so you can take the info in without constantly thinking "christ I could do with a ciggy!".
                    Then I went from 40 a day (60 if I was drinking) to zero overnight.
                    Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
                    X