• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear : UK government to nationalise banking sector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear : UK government to nationalise banking sector

Large banks like barclays, RBS, Lloyds will receive 400 bln £ (almost same as Paulson plan in US!) in various forms from uk Government

But are they taking it? RBS has not taken any money yet..

Comment

Alex cartoon has an interesting perspective.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Shut up.

Alistair Darling

Comment

Next Comrades - The Nationalisation of the Housing Market.

Perfect.

I am the tool of the government
          And industry too
          For I am destined to rule
          And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
          But you cant look away

I make you think Im delicious
          With the stuff that I say

I am the best you can get
          Have you guessed me yet?

I am the slime oozin out
          From your tv set

You will obey me while I lead you
          And eat the garbage that I feed you

Until the day that we dont need you
          Dont got for help...no one will heed you

Your mind is totally controlled
          It has been stuffed into my mold

And you will do as you are told
          Until the rights to you are sold

Comment

Not 'nationalisation' at all. You shouldn't believe everything you read in The Sun or the Daily Mail.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              Not 'nationalisation' at all. You shouldn't believe everything you read in The Sun or the Daily Mail.
              You're right, it isn't; far from it.

However,but the left want to paint it like that in their smugness and some on the right call it that out of equal ignorance.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by aceboy View Post
                But are they taking it? RBS has not taken any money yet..
                Aye, but they are interested I think. Plus pressure is mounting on the CEO:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle4909992.ece

But ministers believe that it would be politically unacceptable for the man who led RBS to the brink of failure to continue running the bank with public money.
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  Alex cartoon has an interesting perspective.
                  desserts

Comment

Working...
                  X