• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No more speeding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more speeding

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-30-miles.html

Whole of UK to be covered with networked cameras constantly calculating your average speed.

May as well buy an Aygo now.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-30-miles.html

Whole of UK to be covered with networked cameras constantly calculating your average speed.

May as well buy an Aygo now.
    Well that will certainly take the fun out of motoring in the UK.

Comment

If they enforced speed limits but then raised motorway limits to 80 I'd be OK with that.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Another revenue raising scheme.....winkers...
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

That wont be dangerous will it. I mean all those drivers looking at the clock instead of the road, no completely safe that will be.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

What we need is a device that triggers in your car when you get photographed at the entry point. As you approach the exit point, it warns you if your average speed has exceeded the limit. You then pull over and wait.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              That wont be dangerous will it. I mean all those drivers looking at the clock instead of the road, no completely safe that will be.
              Great argument. Because the only way to keep to the speed limit is to stare at the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                What we need is a device that triggers in your car when you get photographed at the entry point. As you approach the exit point, it warns you if your average speed has exceeded the limit. You then pull over and wait.
                Yep. Then you can drive as fast as you want.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Stopping at roundabouts etc also means you can drive (to some extent) above the speed limit 100% of the time

Comment

Why not just speed near the time when the clocks go back, or forward? That'd work... maybe.

Comment

Working...
                    X