• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That figures..Iranian embassy terrorist allowed to stay in Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That figures..Iranian embassy terrorist allowed to stay in Britain

Iranian embassy terrorist allowed to stay in Britain
    The only surviving terrorist from the Iranian embassy siege in1980 will be freed from jail within days and allowed to remain in Britain to protect his human rights

Fowzi Badavi Nejad, 50, has been granted parole after serving 28 years in prison following the London attack.

But he will not be deported to Iran because of fears he would be tortured or executed in his home country, it has emerged.

Nejad will also receive food vouchers from the Government, funded by taxpayers.

Trevor Lock, the policeman held hostage, objected to his release but he claims his concerns were ignored.

"He shouldn't be allowed to stay in this country." said Mr Lock. "He will be living off the UK taxpayers.

"This guy was as bad as the rest of them. He was the only one of them I didn't connect with at all.

"He commits a major crime, goes to prison, comes out and is allowed to stay in the country where he committed it - madness."
    Shame the SAS didn't finish the job
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post

My understanding is that they were about to...
    B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

Not another fooking parasite living the high life on tax-payers money. mad

I thought having RBS, Northern Rock, HSBC and Barclays were bad enough, and now we've one bloke to add to the list.

Comment

stop being racist now

see, I can be politically correct too.

Comment

Perhaps the murdering turd could bunk-up with those nice Afghans who live for free in that $1.2M multi-bedroomed house in London? Then again, they have said that the house is a bit on the small side. Sometimes, I do wonder if a week of selective extermination might just do some good in the UK.

Comment

Sometimes there's more to these things than meets the eye. If ex-terrorists being released, or just one in ten of them, have been "turned" then allowing them all to stay is a Good Thing if they can provide info on other terrorists.

Mind you, for that very reason if I was in charge of a terrorist cell I wouldn't trust an ex-jailbird however earnest and committed they seemed.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Sometimes there's more to these things than meets the eye. If ex-terrorists being released, or just one in ten of them, have been "turned" then allowing them all to stay is a Good Thing if they can provide info on other terrorists.

Mind you, for that very reason if I was in charge of a terrorist cell I wouldn't trust an ex-jailbird however earnest and committed they seemed.
              Er, how much excellent info. will he be able to provide all these years on? Only the latest bumming techniques and perhaps a revealing discourse on the use of phone cards as a currency.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                Er, how much excellent info. will he be able to provide all these years on? ..
                He may not be able to provide any; but, like I say, "one in ten", or one in a hundred. If it becomes normal practice then maybe one or two useful informants can slip through ...
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Not surprised in the least.
                  This country is pathetic. I'm ashamed to be British these days, and disgusted with the namby pamby laws and useless government we have.

>Diver in "Not British any more, just Welsh" mode<
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Not surprised in the least.
                    This country is pathetic. I'm ashamed to be British these days, and disgusted with the namby pamby laws and useless government we have.

>Diver in "Not British any more, just Welsh" mode<
                    Have you been throwing stones?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X