• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I fancy a pint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fancy a pint

... not a beer at home, but go out. I've not been to the pub since Sunday.

However:
    1. I'm supposed to be here until NY close
    2. I want to watch part 2 of Silent Witness
    3. If I go now or shortly I'm going to end up having too much (3 is my limit these days)
    4. I'll have to change my shirt as it's the one with Pot Noodle stains on it.

What am I to do?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    1. I'm supposed to be here until NY close

What am I to do?
    By my calculation, New Year is just over 83 days away. Is that close enough for you to deserve a beer?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Good job I didn't go early. I would have missed the fun and games of the sell-off.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Good job I didn't go early. I would have missed the fun and games of the sell-off.
        Should hit your 8k tomorrow.

Comment

what exactly do you do HAB? apart from eat pot noodle in an obviously neanderthal way...
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

F*** me, that was one hell of a sell off.
            my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
              Should hit your 8k tomorrow.
              What are you talking about - he's got another 6600 posts to go?

Or do we not count posts on CUK any more?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

as i remember it, if the dow jones hit 9800, as HAB predicted a while back when it was at 12,000, then a certain client of his was gonna get on a plane and come kick his backside .. i'd hate to think what they're gonna do at 9,000 but either way it makes an AtW night look tame..

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  What are you talking about - he's got another 6600 posts to go?

Or do we not count posts on CUK any more?
                  he hoped that the DJIA wouldn't drop any lower than 8000 the other day. looks like it could be there very soon.

Comment

oo they we're near the close and it was 9000,

8579 is just ridiculou !! a 6.5% fall according to the only english news i have available cnn..

Comment

Working...
                    X