• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Company Car ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Company Car ??

I could be taking on a contract that means travelling to/from by car. Any ideas what car to buy (budget of £10k max given that cars are a cash drain) ?

W124 Mercedes or 3 year old astra / focus / mondeo / vectra would both be sensible.

or you could get a Mercedes SL convertable / or a boxster for ~10k

Comment

As Wilmslooooooooooooooow or milan.

IIRC, they are the resident motoring experts on CUK.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        I could be taking on a contract that means travelling to/from by car. Any ideas what car to buy (budget of £10k max given that cars are a cash drain) ?
        Yawn, yawn, ZZZZ... ZZZZZ.... ZZZZ
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Not on the budget of 10k (well, not new anyway) but VW's Jetta is alot of car for the money & it's economical to run.

Failing that, you could do worse than something from Kia...they're not as bad as you think. If you can get a used Mk 2 Rio (2004 onwards) it's more or less an estate so you can load it up with c**p if you're in the field - they were 7k new. New shape ones have naff all boot room & are more like Corsas...bad decision on the part of Kia there. 50mpg & fairly reliable!

Comment

I got a cracking Focus diesel ghia new for £12K.......

Keep it for 6 years, £2K per year.

Comment

VW golf TDi makes most sense.....

big discounts to be had, even 3.5k off the new TT!

http://www.drivethedeal.com/specialo...asp?vans=false
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I rented an EasyCar Mercedes A Class a few years back for about 6 months. Cheap as chips although I wouldn't do it again because I refuse to put money in that fat greek gits pockets anymore...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                X