• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Black Friday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Friday

Dow -678.91 -7.33% 8,579.19
    NASDAQ -95.21 -5.47% 1,645.12
    S&P -75.02 -7.62% 909.92
    Japan Nikkei 225 -849.22 -9.27% 8,308.27 10/10 3:00pm

I'm heading for the bunker right now.
    Market trading to be ceased shortly.

Over to you Nicky G.

And for Alf:

This is the end
    My only friend
    The End
    This is the end
    Beautiful friend
    The End
    Last edited by ace00; 10 October 2008, 06:55. Reason: Lyrics a bit off
    Bored.

I'm heading up to Manchester for a weekend of drunken debauchery!

(Actually, a Lodge rehearsal and a pleasant time with girly...)

Comment

Headlines off Bloomberg:

•Europe, U.S. Futures Slump; Nikkei Index Has Second-Biggest Drop on Record

•Morgan Stanley's Rating May Be Cut by Moody's; Goldman Outlook Is Negative

•Oil Set for Biggest Weekly Drop Since 2004 as Copper, Commodities Tumble

•Russia's Micex, RTS Exchanges Delay Start of Trade on Regulator's Orders

•India Makes Steepest Cut in Cash Ratio Since 2001; Rupee Plunges to Record

•G-7 Gathers With `Backs Against the Wall,' Weighs Plan to Guarantee Loans

•Yamato Life Files for Bankruptcy, First Industry Collapse in Seven Years

•EU Crippled in Crisis as 27 Governments Confront a Single Hobbled Economy

•Harper Sharpens Attacks on Canadian Opponent's Tax Plan to Stem Poll Slide

•Libor Holds Central Banks Hostage as London Rate Freezes Worldwide Lending

•Fear Trumps Greed as Market Worries Amplify News, Paralyze World Economy

•Royal Bank of Scotland Loses Credibility After Goodwin's ABN Amro Purchase

•Central Banks Fail to Alleviate `Logjam' in Money Market: Chart of the Day
      Bored.

Comment

399.48 down - 9.26%

Admin, think we need a grim reaper smilie
        my ferret is your ferret

Comment

I object to the term "Black Friday"

Comment

And for Alf:

This is the end
            My only friend
            The End
            This is the end
            Beautiful friend
            The End

My esteemed Ace How very kind of you !

Fear not my friends - for the Universe is only a Hologram.

Once upon a time - there was a beautiful Princess who fell in love with a handsome Prince. They lived in an opulent palace and the Kingdom lived in abundance and happiness.

Then - one day - a horrid evil Prince from far away - grew jealous of this harmonious Empire and attacked the Palace.

The Prince was defeated by the Evil Princes army, and the Palace was set alight - sadly the Princess came across the lifeless body of her beloved Prince whose body was in flames.

She wept and cried as everything she knew and loved had been destroyed.

She decided she could not got on living , she was about to throw herself into the flames when suddenly she heard a voice

'For whom are you weeping ?'

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              And for Alf:

Once upon a time - there was a beautiful Princess who fell in love with a handsome Prince. They lived in an opulent palace and the Kingdom lived in abundance and happiness.

Then - one day - a horrid evil Prince from far away - grew jealous of this harmonious Empire and attacked the Palace.

The Prince was defeated by the Evil Princes army, and the Palace was set alight - sadly the Princess came across the lifeless body of her beloved Prince whose body was in flames.

She wept and cried as everything she knew and loved had been destroyed.

She decided she could not got on living , she was about to throw herself into the flames when suddenly she heard a voice

'For whom are you weeping ?'
              What happened next

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                399.48 down - 9.26%

Admin, think we need a grim reaper smilie
                You should be throwing your STR fund into the market !

BUY BUY BUY

Comment

I've asked this question on another forum, but they haven't got as many bona fide experts as CUK so I'll ask it here as well:

Why can't the world's governments simply suspend trading on the markets for a couple of weeks? Just let everyone sit down and have a cup of tea and think about things for a bit, instead of steaming in each day and wiping billions off the value of pretty much everything for no genuine reason. It seems to me that it's being done in a gigantic panic, not because any of these FTSE 100 companies or commodities have really lost any value.

What would happen if they all just took a little holiday?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    I've asked this question on another forum, but they haven't got as many bona fide experts as CUK so I'll ask it here as well:

Why can't the world's governments simply suspend trading on the markets for a couple of weeks? Just let everyone sit down and have a cup of tea and think about things for a bit, instead of steaming in each day and wiping billions off the value of pretty much everything for no genuine reason. It seems to me that it's being done in a gigantic panic, not because any of these FTSE 100 companies or commodities have really lost any value.

What would happen if they all just took a little holiday?
                    I think we would all be much the better for a nice cup of tea.
                    Or coffee of course , if that is your preference.

Comment

Working...
                    X