• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky Hd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky Hd

Has anyone got SKY HD?
    Is it worth it?
    How much does it cost per month?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ghlight=SKY+HD

Comment

Originally posted by Recruitment Agent View Post
      Has anyone got SKY HD?
      Yes
      Is it worth it?
      Yes, some of the HD channels are fantastic!
      How much does it cost per month?
      Extra tenner IIRC.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

They're doing a £75 for the box deal at the moment, which is ridiculously cheap. I'd have it if I had an HDTV.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

If you are an existing customer, ring up and say you want to cancel as you are going to get one of the new HD freeview boxes, my brother-in-law did this and has Sky Hd installed last week for £15, with a few sky mixes thrown in for £5 a month for the first 6 months.

If you have never seen a HD broadcast, it might be worth getting, if you have seen a proer HD broadcast, prepare to be a bit let down

If you are an audiophile, forget it

I had it for a year, and I wasn't impressed at all
          Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
            as you are going to get one of the new HD freeview boxes
            HD freeview? i didnt think that's being released until 2009 at the earliest
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              HD freeview?
              Freesat.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                HD freeview? i didnt think that's being released until 2009 at the earliest
                Might've been a humax then? Whatever it was, SKY were desperate to keep a customer!
                Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

I once read that satellite TV is most popular with a certain class of society. Why is that?

I myself don't have satellite telly, I don't have enough time in the day for the first 5 channels never mind the rest. Even then the first 5 are usually utter tosh.

Discuss...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
                    Might've been a humax then? Whatever it was, SKY were desperate to keep a customer!
                    They're not that desperate at the moment. You'll get a reasonable deal (no doubt people will come out of the woodwork now saying how sky pay them to watch TV!!).

Anyway, I've had HD for about a month and I think it's great. There's about 16 HD channels and I've watched some obscure stuff just to see it in HD (such as the National Geographic channel).

Next step is the Apple TV for HD movie downloads...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X