• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! Property boom back on!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed! Property boom back on!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/mon...cle4916890.ece

Fill yer boots!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Yes just stay clear of city centre flats

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7661303.stm

Comment

Has anyone got any phone numbers for these investors. I need to sell my house, PDQ.

Comment

I have some sought after Grey Slates for sale .

Comment

In London the auction rooms are buzzing the last few months. I have been attending over the last 8 months and witnessed this. Cash rich investors are snapping up property at cheap money and taking advantage of high rental yields (upto and over 10%). These are long term investments and a lot safer than any bank at the moment. The property may or may not fall in value further, but in 5 or 10 yrs, they are guaranteed to be in the black.

Boomed!!!!

Comment

Let's get this right..

The Banks are going bust or are in dire straights because they lent unsustainable amounts of debt to bad risks who invested in a housing bubble both here and in the US (mainly US)

The markets are falling because of that debacle

Joe pulblic is now looking to re-invest in that (still) over inflatated property bubble

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman_1 View Post
              In London the auction rooms are buzzing the last few months. I have been attending over the last 8 months and witnessed this. Cash rich investors are snapping up property at cheap money and taking advantage of high rental yields (upto and over 10%). These are long term investments and a lot safer than any bank at the moment. The property may or may not fall in value further, but in 5 or 10 yrs, they are guaranteed to be in the black.

Boomed!!!!

Hehe.... I suggested this may happen on another thread today. That was very quick confirmation that I am correct and Sascretin is wriong...... SMUG

Comment

May sound cruel but I will be looking out for a nice little repossession – as these are on the increase – rent this out. Looking at the lower end of the market as there seems to be a lack of homes in the £500 - £600pm bracket.

Not looking for a quick buck – more long term pension investment

As previously said – avoid city centre flats – these were grossly overvalued anway
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  Hehe.... I suggested this may happen on another thread today. That was very quick confirmation that I am correct and Sascretin is wriong...... SMUG
                  SAS has been shown to be a classic example of a know-all who knows f--k all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Let's get this right..

The Banks are going bust or are in dire straights because they lent unsustainable amounts of debt to bad risks who invested in a housing bubble both here and in the US (mainly US)

The markets are falling because of that debacle

Joe pulblic is now looking to re-invest in that (still) over inflatated property bubble

Not Joe Public but investors and developers mainly and anyone with the full amount in cash or a big deposit so a mortgage can be processed in the 28 day window allowed for completion.

Comment

Working...
                    X