• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depositor Protection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depositor Protection

A few questions in relation to depositor protection..

According to this article http://www.contractoruk.com/news/004019.html if you have your ltd company account and your personal account at the same institution you are only covered to a total of £50,000.00. Is this correct? They are separate entities so find this difficult to believe. If this is the case I think I need to look at moving my personal accounts to a new institution.

Secondly is the £50,000.00 protection cover per person or per institution? For example lets say one has two personal accounts at two different institutions both with the £50k in them and they both went bust, would one be coved for the full £100K?

It's 50k per parent institution. Have a look at the table below...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/safe-savings
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It's neither per person, nor per insitution.

It's per person(s), per FSA registration. So Abbey and A&L are the same group of comapnies, but have separate FSA registrations.

If you have a joint account, then it is assumed a 50:50 split in the account.

But as Bagpuss says, it's all on MSE.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I cannot believe that people are still asking this question, but better late than never.

Comment

Working...
        X