• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Didn't want to pollute my good news thread.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't want to pollute my good news thread.

I was out last night with some guys from my last contract, ex-boss was out as well. Dropped a line that had me actually worried for the first time since all this sh!t started.

Said that he advertised a new position last week, he go 80 CV's through for it! He managed to whittle it down to about 20, reckons that most of them were CCIE's - this time last year he could hardly get one CCIE to take an interview ...

Tough times are coming!
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

having a contract conversation with client today. Fingers crossed for a renewal

its mighty quiet out there at the moment

Comment

Chant Hare Krishna - Hare Ramma - Hare Hare before your chat and your wish shall be granted.

Maybe Im laughing my way to disaster
      Maybe my race has been run
      Maybe Im blind to the fate of mankind
      But what can be done?
      So God bless the Peoples of Europe
      And God bless our standard of living
      Lets keep it that way
      And well all have a good time
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 October 2008, 10:18.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        I was out last night with some guys from my last contract, ex-boss was out as well. Dropped a line that had me actually worried for the first time since all this sh!t started.

Said that he advertised a new position last week, he go 80 CV's through for it! He managed to whittle it down to about 20, reckons that most of them were CCIE's - this time last year he could hardly get one CCIE to take an interview ...

Tough times are coming!
        Fresh arrivals from infosys/hsmp perhaps

Comment

Working...
        X