• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK economy is f****** long term

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK economy is f****** long term

The decline has taken years. And by various sleights of hand the illusion of prosperity has been preserved and taken in otherwise intelligent people. No government has tackled the root problems though:

- low productivity
    - poor education/training
    - low social status of technical/science/engineering people
    - low level of advanced manufacturing (with a few exceptions)
    - the cult of personality (by which I mean bull-tulipters are taken at face value)

Meanwhile unproductive people in finance, media, celebrity culture are glorified and presented as paragons of virtue. Accomplishment in any field, self-discipline, thrift are forgotten virtues.

What is coming is truly deserved.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

...shoorly shum mistake ????

You say you want a Revolution
    Well you know - we all want to change the World

But if you carrying pictures of Chairman Alf
    You aint gonna make it with anyone - anyhow

But you know its gonna be - All Right !!!!

Comment

What a screwed economy?

Who would have thought that a Labour government would screw up the economy? Anyone who lived under one before, for a kick-off........
      Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge View Post
        Who would have thought that a Labour government would screw up the economy? Anyone who lived under one before, for a kick-off........
        It goes beyond party politics and right to the culture of the country.
        A people get what they deserve.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge View Post

So true !!! I keep hoping that New Lie will prove me wrong, but it seems that 'WHOOPS' they've done it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            So true !!! I keep hoping that New Lie will prove me wrong, but it seems that 'WHOOPS' they've done it again.
            No you don't !

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              You are fiddling while Rome is burning. Sasguru's good points are nothing to do with either party.

Comment

I disagree (my, what restraint!)

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                A people get what they deserve.
                So the people believe that money for nothing is a good thing? The people believe that turning public-services into a cash-urinal is a good thing? The people believe that unaccountable politicians is a good thing? What's the weather like on planet SAS, is it warm there too?
                Why not?

Comment

The decline has taken years. And by various sleights of hand the illusion of prosperity has been preserved and taken in otherwise intelligent people. No government has tackled the root problems though:

- low productivity
                  - poor education/training
                  - low social status of technical/science/engineering people
                  - low level of advanced manufacturing (with a few exceptions)
                  - the cult of personality (by which I mean bull-tulipters are taken at face value)

Meanwhile unproductive people in finance, media, celebrity culture are glorified and presented as paragons of virtue. Accomplishment in any field, self-discipline, thrift are forgotten virtues.

What is coming is truly deserved.
                  HANG ON A MINUTE!

Isn't this EXACTLY what AtW has been saying for years and your rebuke is that all that matters is London and the City and finance?

Talk about changing your tune.

Comment

WHS. It comes to something when even a chav like Noel Gallagher says the country is a tuliphole.

Thing is, how do you go about changing it?
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X