• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SMUG post. There's still time to move it !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMUG post. There's still time to move it !!!

Anybody else feel smug because they made sure that they did not have more than 50K in any one bank. I feel even smugger because I kept my money in my house instead of selling a year ago to avoid losing it in a banking collapse........ PHEW !!!!

Actually I made sure that I had no more than 35K in any one place because as an AIB graduate I knew of the arrangements since the days when only
    15K was guaranteed.

Hi Sasguru..... how are HBOS doing ?

My WWS Executive Investment Portfollio (Wine Women and Song) has been unaffected by the current crises.

That said - if I had all the money Id spent on Wine Women and Song - this time I would invest it in - Wine Women and Song.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Sold for a small profit a while ago.
      How's the value of your house ?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

no, next.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          Anybody else feel smug because they made sure that they did not have more than 50K in any one bank. I feel even smugger because I kept my money in my house instead of selling a year ago to avoid losing it in a banking collapse........ PHEW !!!!

Actually I made sure that I had no more than 35K in any one place because as an AIB graduate I knew of the arrangements since the days when only
          15K was guaranteed.

Is this a house that's probably depreciated in value by 13% since last year? Or have you got some smug answer for that too?
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Sold for a small profit a while ago.
            How's the value of your house ?

If I consider that my money could be LOST in Iceland or elsewhere instead, and my house is a 4 bed detached in a very nice area, and has actually risen slightly in value over the last 12 months, very well thanks!!!

SMUG GRIN !!!

Comment

I cleverly made sure I have nowhere near £50k, or even £35k, in savings, and that our house was never very valuable to start with
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I cleverly made sure I have nowhere near £50k, or even £35k, in savings, and that our house was never very valuable to start with

Don't forget you business account..... I didn't ......

another SMUG GRIN

Comment

I almost forgot........

At the beginning of the year I remortgaged with HSBC to an offset mortgage. This means that it is impossible to lose money if the bank collapses because savings are netted off against the mortgage.

Yes indeed, another reason to feel SMUG !!!

Comment

Your smugness is giving me a headache
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X