PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Bumfluff?

cailin maith
10th October 2008, 11:11
Bumfluff - PM me when you come back

ChimpMaster
10th October 2008, 11:16
I was wondering the same thing - did he get his money out of IceSave in time?

cailin maith
10th October 2008, 11:16
I was wondering the same thing - did he get his money out of IceSave in time?

Don't think so - I think he said they reversed the transaction or something.... :eek

ChimpMaster
10th October 2008, 11:19
I feel really sorry for him - all those years' earnings in danger of being lost. I don't think the UK government will let the savers down, but it's still a huge concern. I've got some sizeable funds with Nationwide, who are one of the more conservative institutions... and so I was shocked to see that they were of the 8 lined up to get assistance from the £500bn UK 'bailout'!

DiscoStu
10th October 2008, 11:22
Anyone seen Bumfluff?

Not since I looked in a mirror this morning after getting out of the shower.

IGMC

cailin maith
10th October 2008, 11:24

IGMC

:spank: :spank:

TheFaQQer
10th October 2008, 11:32

IGMC

Unpredictable in every way
And forever more, that's how you'll stay
That's why, Disco, it's incredible
That someone so Unpredictable
Thinks that I am Unpredictable too.....

rootsnall
10th October 2008, 11:51
They reversed his transfer out of Icesave, same here but for a lot less money. No news yet on when you'll get your money, I suspect the powers that be are preoccupied with other tulip hitting the fan now.

BrilloPad
10th October 2008, 11:53
I feel really sorry for him - all those years' earnings in danger of being lost. I don't think the UK government will let the savers down, but it's still a huge concern. I've got some sizeable funds with Nationwide, who are one of the more conservative institutions... and so I was shocked to see that they were of the 8 lined up to get assistance from the £500bn UK 'bailout'!

But HSBC was forced into it - although it does not need the money. The idea is that everyone stands together to restore confidence.

Its working a treat... :suicide:

Cyberman
10th October 2008, 12:04

He was the author of his own problems, but I wish him luck. It just shows that financial education should be provided in schools to get people off to a good start. The first thing they can teach is the limits of deposit guarantees and not to trust foreigners. :happy

cailin maith
10th October 2008, 12:05
He was the author of his own problems, but I wish him luck. It just shows that financial education should be provided in schools to get people off to a good start. The first thing they can teach is the limits of deposit guarantees and not to trust foreigners. :happy

Stop being such a Git.... it's not necessary!!!

DiscoStu
10th October 2008, 12:06

I concur with the sentiments expressed by the lady above.

TheFaQQer
10th October 2008, 12:06

You're not in TPD now, love, it's a harsh world in General.

Bumfluff
10th October 2008, 12:08
Hello :smile . I'm not too stressed about it all now, Tuesday night though was not good, didn't sleep or anything, constantly refreshing my ICESAVE and Natwest accounts to see if the £ had come in, ringing Natwest at 2:45am. On a day to day level I knew I could deal with losing the £ as I would of had to, but I knew long term I would of been beating myself up over it it for years.

Thank god the government kicked up a fuss, IMO my £ was out of ICESAVE before the annoucment (cleared on the 6th anoucement on the 7th) but they illegally held on to it. Just got to go through the compo scheme now, hearing different stories from 6 weeks to 4 months to get the cash back, even talk about the accounts being transfered to Northern Rock.

I know many people feel we shouldnt get all the £ back as we knew it was hi risk and rates were high, these are both things I knew and for a couple of months knew I had to sort it but with one thing and another I never got round till it. I've done alot of beating myself up over it since Tuesday and I know I was stupied and lazy and I should of known better. I made a big mistake but have defo learnt a lesson that I effect the rest of my life. I will though as a result when I get the £ back make a couple of £k donation to charity.

DS23
10th October 2008, 12:08
I concur with the sentiments expressed by the lady above.

whs

cupidstunt
10th October 2008, 12:09

cretin

DS23
10th October 2008, 12:10
phew! we were thinking you had done a tonyenglish.

Cyberman
10th October 2008, 12:12

Deposit guarantees have been well publicised. I just don't understand some people. He obviously has too much money, otherwise he would have been prudent and split it across various banks. :sick

TheFaQQer
10th October 2008, 12:12
phew! we were thinking you had done a tonyenglish.

:confused: What else have I missed?

AND WHY AREN'T YOU BACK IN TPD YET????????????????????

DS23
10th October 2008, 12:13
patience my little grasshopper.

DiscoStu
10th October 2008, 12:15
Deposit guarantees have been well publicised. I just don't understand some people. He obviously has too much money, otherwise he would have been prudent and split it across various banks. :sick

Seriously, there's trolling and then there's being a twat. You cross the line.

TheFaQQer
10th October 2008, 12:15
patience my little grasshopper.

What are you waiting for? I was tempted back for the 125k (and still missed it).

Cyberman
10th October 2008, 12:33

My advice would be to put your money in property. Much safer !! :happy

snaw
10th October 2008, 12:59

Same thing isn't it? Pathetic need for attention, of any kind.

Would be pitiful if they weren't such ******!