• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

China is doing ok....... only a 70% drop !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China is doing ok....... only a 70% drop !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7663561.stm

'"Although the economic crisis is hurting other countries, for China I can't see there is a big impact. The stock market hasn't changed a lot compared to several years ago. It has plunged 70%; that's just a return to where it was before," she said. '

I think they are in denial !!!!!

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

I think they are in denial !!!!!
    No, you're thinking of Egypt.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Just worked out the £4K I put into a Asia ex Japan index linked ISA in March is now work £2760.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

No its the Irish Stock Market

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=%5EISEQ&t=5y

Down 70%!

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Condor View Post
          No its the Irish Stock Market

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=%5EISEQ&t=5y

Down 70%!

They say that stock markets are the barometer of things to come. It's not looking good at all.

Comment

70% is nothing for these corrupt emerging 3rd world micky mouse economies. The're driven by false hope and rumour.

Nothing like our stable, democratic systems born out of centuries of experience. Nothing like that could happen to any of our stockmarkets surely....

Comment

Scrap metal prices dropped from £140 a ton, to £110 a ton today. not looking good for my massive profits before Xmas
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Grey Slates remain Grey Slates - so no change there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  Stock market obsessives with more money than sense say that stock markets are the barometer of things to come. It's not looking good at all.
                  Yeh, I'm sure the future is very bleak for stock market people.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

China has had a massive bull-run leading to over-valuation in 2007 (forward p/e). It has now "corrected" to 2004/5 trend levels. I found this out after taking a 40% hit on my China fund.
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X