• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Move to the country

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move to the country

countryside disappearing

hmm seems like the "move to the country" has been pretty successful.

Apparently now the in thing is to own two houses, so presumably then 3 houses etc.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates
    hmm seems like the "move to the country" has been pretty successful.
    Long way to go yet. Our towns have got to accommodate 150,000 new immigrants a year.

Keep splashing the concrete!

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
      Long way to go yet. Our towns have got to accommodate 150,000 new immigrants a year.

The key point IMHO was the mention of "Low Density Housing"... So, no more big house with a garden for you my lad, flats and apartments, that's what we need!
      Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
      You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
        That's illegal in public areas
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Stackpole: In Denmark the number or immigrants is only slightly above the number of emigrants so why do they build so many houses here? They say more people are living alone, and yet the houses built are larger family houses and property prices are such that an average income is woefully inadequate to purchase even the gound, never mind such properties and children are tending to live with their parents far longer.

All I can see is that the statistics and reality are not adding up.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            All I can see is that the statistics and reality are not adding up.
            Aha, lies, damn lies and statistics!
            Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
            You know you'll need us!

Comment

Working...
            X