• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gotta love learning russian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love learning russian

From my russian textbook

- Pronoun used for addressing someone informally talking to animals, little children and God

BЫ - Used for formal address and plural

I enjoyed the bit about God(Or is that ...god)

Sunny "Mya Rooski ploha" San

There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Bitten by Bobik, ha ha ha

- Ну что за скучища такая сегодня! Хоть бы кто-нибудь кого-нибудь укусил!

- Добрый день. Извините, пожалуйста..

- Да?

- Видите ли... Даже и неудобно вас беспокоить из-за такого пустяка...

- Ну?

- Понимаете, был я вчера у моих знакомых... А у них собачка есть, некто Бобик.

- Укусил?

- А как Вы догадались?

- Ну, раз уж к нам пришли... Хорошо, сначала нужно заполнить анкету.

- Ой, нет, если все это заполнить, я ж на работу опоздаю! Вы мне прививочку сделайте, и я пойду себе.

- Ваша фамилия, укушенный?

- Ох, ну пишите - Бобков.

- А укусил Вас кто?

- Бобик.

- Вы с ним что, родственники?

- Но я же человек, товарищ сестра!

- Вижу. Кем работаете, укушенный?

- Я не укушенный. Я инженер.

- Где работаете, укушенный?

- В конторе Химкокс.

- Какой такой Хим?

- Кокс.

- Какой еще кокс?

- Хим.

- Укушенный, вы хоть сами понимаете, что лопочете?

- Я-то как раз понимаю, а вы?

- Я нет.

- А пишете!

- Не ваше дело. Отвечайте на вопросы. Вас до этого когда-нибудь кусали?

- Кусали, конечно.

- Кто вас кусал?

- Клопы кусали.

- При чем тут клопы? Я спрашиваю, большое животное вас кусало?

- Большое не кусало.

- Почему оно вас не кусало?

- Ну, невкусный я, неинтересный!!!

- Ваших родителей когда-нибудь кусали?

- О Господи. Кто, кто кусал моих родителей?!

- Ну, не знаю. Может быть, друзья...

- Это у вас такие друзья!

- Значит, не кусали. Братья у вас есть?

- Нет.

- Сестры есть?

- Нет.

- Их кусали когда-нибудь?

- Да как же их могли кусать, если их нету?!!!

- Укушенный, если вы будете кричать, я позову санитаров, и вам свяжут руки и ноги. Отвечайте спокойно. Какой зверь вас укусил?

- Я ведь сказал уже - щенок.

- Такого зверя мы официально не знаем.

- Ну, собака, собачий ребенок!

- Вот так и говорите - собака.

- Я так и говорю, собака!!!

- Самец или самка?

- Сука!

- Укушенный, что вы себе позволяете?

- Я ж не могу сказать, что оно кобель, когда оно - сука!!

- Все, укушенный, я вызываю санитаров...

- Укушенный?! Сама ты укушенная!

- Неправда. Я здесь уже семь лет работаю, и ни разу еще не укушенная.

- Сейчас будешь!

- Алло, алло, Павловская? Тут у нас пациент сбежал. Бешенство. Ловите скорей, а то он вам полгорода перекусает. ... Нервный какой-то попался. Обычно выдерживают страниц пять, а этот уже на второй взбесился.. Вот теперь опять - сиди, скучай. Что за работа!
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Keh?

Will it would take me most of the mornign to work out what you said :-)

For interests sake, how long have you been learning Russian and what did you do to improve your command of the language?

I am finding it incredibly difficult. The alphapbet is fine but battling with "new" concepts such as noun declension etc

Interesting though

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan

For interests sake, how long have you been learning Russian and what did you do to improve your command of the language?

I am finding it incredibly difficult. The alphapbet is fine but battling with "new" concepts such as noun declension etc

Interesting though

Back in 1993 I was involved in a project with the European Space Agency (ESA) and the Russian Space Agency , (IKI) which involved the transfer of an IBM midrange computer, being part of the initial planning for the International Space Station.

Based in Germany at the time I was taught Russian for several months, altough I had to translate German to Russian , I did find it took about six months to become accuostemed to the Cyrillic script and the grammer can be daunting, but dont get too hung up about this, if you simply listen to the Russian language it is very easy to pick up.

I had a marvellous time when I went to Moscow, the Russians are friendly and intelligent and were great to work with.

But do visit St Petersburg which is is achingly beautiful , so much so I went back there again a few yeas ago.

Comment

I don't know how difficult learning Russian is but I have decided to learn Arabic.
          Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
          You know you'll need us!

Comment

People usually say that about my English

How long have I been learning Russian? On and off for about 12 years.
            How did I improve my ability? I married a Russian There's a serious point in there. I've spent a lot of time in Russia over the years, and when you are staying with people who can't speak English and the TV is in Russian, it all soaks in. However, you could try reading children's stories. I found that very useful.

Don't worry, you aren't alone. Russian grammar is a real bitch. I'm not sure whether it's a good idea, but I would concentrate on building a vocabulary - the grammar should come with time through reading and increased awareness.

Oh, and I also learnt quite a bit of Russian through Polish, which I can also speak (or used to be able to speak!). I still find myself translating between Russian and Polish in my head, which for some reason I find easier. The down side is that my wife frequently complains I speak Russian like a Pole
            Last edited by WageSlave; 9 September 2005, 09:00.

Comment

The arduous task

OK I am on 1 year of informal or self teaching. The GF is Russian so yeas that does help.

I remember fondly what you say about the lack of English in most EE countries from roadsigns to TV. I remeber being blind drunk in a club there and going to the toilet and not being able to read Ladies or Gents . Luckily I picked the right door.

So far I have got the alphabet, but it seems the grammar is difficult and will take more practice. I will take you advice and concentrate on grammar

I dont know Polish at all but apparently it is even harder the Russian, although some similarities exist. As far as your Polish accent, it seems there is no love lost between the Russians and the Poles so it could get you into trouble(If not only with your wife)

Comment

I dont know Polish at all but apparently it is even harder the Russian, although some similarities exist. As far as your Polish accent, it seems there is no love lost between the Russians and the Poles so it could get you into trouble(If not only with your wife)
                I suspect it has more to do with my wife hating my old flame, as other people tell me I have a very good accent

Russian and Polish are very similar. In fact, if you can speak one you can understand a lot of what is said in another Slavic language (more so for Polish than Russian). Said old flame could speak Polish and Russian but could understand Czech and Serbian. My wife can understand Polish and Ukrainian, although she refuses to admit the last one

I would say Russian is harder than Polish. However, both are easy compared to Hungarian which is a complete bitch and doesn't have anything in common with other European languages!

Comment

I'm learning Greek. I might try your idea of reading childrens stories. I wonder where I can buy Janet and John books in Greek?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    I'm learning Greek. I might try your idea of reading childrens stories. I wonder where I can buy Janet and John books in Greek?
                    Is that the one where John takes it up the arse from 'Pop'?
                    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
                    You know you'll need us!

Comment

Working...
                    X