• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of Brownism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of Brownism

... coming in 2010 to you local area.

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Don't "bank" on it (pun intented).

I reckon that snap general election might be coming our way after all.

Comment

He looked knackered over the weekend, did you see the size of the bags under his eyes !? I must say Darling has performed well in front of the cameras.

Would you have any faith in Cameron in this situation, I wouldn't.

Comment

The Mayan calendar also ends in 2010.

Insure now with Browndential

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          He looked knackered over the weekend, did you see the size of the bags under his eyes !?
          A diet of late night Bombay Bad Boys probably doesn't help either.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ong-aides.html

Comment

He looked knackered over the weekend, did you see the size of the bags under his eyes !? I must say Darling has performed well in front of the cameras.

It's taken a year of dithering to come up with what I think is actually a good solution.
            Meanwhile banks have been nationalised and gone bust because that was thought to be the best thing because they had been naughty, but actually regulation and HMG had failed us by allowing a debt spiral. Eventually, and tragically belatedly for the UK economy, they realised that banks were actually needed!!
            Too many mistakes I'm afraid, and a year too late. Cameron would not have done any worse.

Comment

Agreed - this is no time for a novice.

Comment

Too many mistakes I'm afraid, and a year too late. Cameron would not have done any worse.
                better
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  Agreed - this is no time for a novice.
                  Brown's lack of foresight has caused this mess. IMO he's at about break even point on the "world class economist" scales.

His plan (there is no point pretending Darling had anything to do with it, despite his presence in front of camera) may well work, but we're not out of the woods yet.

If he were to call a general election tomorrow, I still wouldn't vote for him.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

It's taken a year of dithering to come up with what I think is actually a good solution.
                    Meanwhile banks have been nationalised and gone bust because that was thought to be the best thing because they had been naughty, but actually regulation and HMG had failed us by allowing a debt spiral. Eventually, and tragically belatedly for the UK economy, they realised that banks were actually needed!!
                    Your Northern Rock money is gone ! It's time to move on.

Comment

Working...
                    X