• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ros....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ros....

Anyone actualy excersised this during one of their contracts? If so how did it work out? Where did your replacement come from? How did you negotiate salary?

Just some thoughts would be good and any experiences good/bad

Cheers

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Anyone actualy excersised this during one of their contracts? If so how did it work out? Where did your replacement come from? How did you negotiate salary?

Cheers
    I doubt it, that's the sort of thing a real business would do.

Comment

I have been asked about something simular. I am currently on a contract with a limited number of days (my choice) client from last year has been in contact, wants to give the work to me, knows I maybe can't do it all but want me to sub it out (off-shore). Have a meeting soon to see what's involved. Not sure if it will be worth it
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Cheers
        I've done it twice. Just advertised the role to a trusted agent at a rate less than what I was on, got some cv's through, did a handover at my company's expense and....BOOMED!

Comment

So you basically took the position to an agent like any normal company would do? Does that mean they did most of the paperwork?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Similar position to me. A previous client has asked if I'm available but I want to finish the contract I'm on first before moving to a new one. It’s a PM position and my thought was to get someone else in there while I finish this contract and either take it over when I finish here, or even better keep the person on in the new contract while I look for another.

Not having done this before I was hoping for some previous experiences. Also where do I stand if this person screws something up? Obviously I have all the required EL, PLI and PII company insurance?

Comment

Not having done this before I was hoping for some previous experiences. Also where do I stand if this person screws something up? Obviously I have all the required EL, PLI and PII company insurance?
              One of the key points of a genuine ros is that you remain liable for any defects in the provision of the services. If not you would be subcontracting the work, which isn't the same as substitution.
              Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
                One of the key points of a genuine ros is that you remain liable for any defects in the provision of the services. If not you would be subcontracting the work, which isn't the same as substitution.
                Thanks for the clarification...

Comment

Working...
                X