• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which MP3 Player

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which MP3 Player

so come on - now I have to get the train to work - which MP3 player should I get I have a budget of up to about £160...... What have people got - what do they think?
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Originally posted by n5gooner
    so come on - now I have to get the train to work - which MP3 player should I get I have a budget of up to about £160...... What have people got - what do they think?
    More than happy with my Sony Minidisk player...
    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
    You know you'll need us!

Comment

We have done this one a number of times.

I have a zen 60Gig. Superb.
      I have recently looked at the Sony 20 Gig new jobbie. Terrific piece of kit looks way cool in mat black.

Buy something that will hold a lot of music. Its a pain reloading a small one every time you want a change of music.
      Buy something with a long battery life.

I am told that iPods are good, but a bit common.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
        £160? Call yourself an IT contractor? Lash out on an Xda IIs for £500 - I think it works as an MP3 player, although I haven't yet tried out mine for that.

A colleague bought an Xda IIs a month or two ago, and sent it back on the grounds it was hanging all the time. I reckon it was because he installed bootleg software, with slightly outdated versions, such as TomTom v3.

But I'd be interested in other peoples' experiences, good or bad, with the Xda IIs if anyone has one.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I have a 40gb creative one. One problem with the earlier ones, like mine is that the battery can drain so flat that the player cannot recharge it. The only way to fix it (and I know because I have had to do it) is to get an old Nokia phone charger, cut and bare the wires and jump start the battery. This puts enough juice into the battery so that it can start recharging.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

If you're going to go the whole hog, try one of the Archos devices... Especially the PVR products...
            Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
            You know you'll need us!

Comment

What??? You can't get them from ASDA for £4??? I always get everything from ASDA for 4 quid.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've got a 40gb Creative Zen from pixmania and it's great. They also do the 'girly' micro 5gb if you so wish too.

Good thing about the Zen's is that you can buy replacement batteries unlike the Ipods.

Comment

Alba walkman cassette player for me

Comment

Have you tried getting a personal casette player these days. They are loke rocking horse poo
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X