• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pah! Your £1.2M council house is nothing!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pah! Your £1.2M council house is nothing!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ion-lodge.html

£2M council house.

Got to love the Daily Mail.

I was expecting something nice.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I recognise that house. Its on the edge of Waterlow Park near the cemetary.
      I actually thought is was the park caretakers house or some sort of crematorium with all those chimneys.

Here it is:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...01175&t=h&z=19
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        I recognise that house. Its on the edge of Waterlow Park near the cemetary.
        I actually thought is was the park caretakers house or some sort of crematorium with all those chimneys.

Here it is:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...01175&t=h&z=19
        No it's just a council house with a single mum in it.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH
            Erm, I saw the picture. I walk past it every weekend.

Comment

How can that area be described as a "Village"?
              www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
                How can that area be described as a "Village"?
                Londoners get VERY tetchy about the term "village". If the property's bloody expensive, then the area is a village; else, it's a tramps' nest of filthiness. HTH.

Comment

How can she be described as a single mum when her son is listed as being 22 YEARS old?

Hardly a desperately needy case requiring anything grander than a small flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                    Londoners get VERY tetchy about the term "village". If the property's bloody expensive, then the area is a village; else, it's a tramps' nest of filthiness. HTH.
                    Take a walk round Archway at the bottom of Highgate Hill. Then youll see why Highgate is termed a "village" and Archway is a sh!thole.

The walk up to Highgate is very steep for a reason. Its to keep Vicky Pollard and her chav kids from climbing up there. Unfortunately in this case, one chav family managed to beat the system.

Comment

Working...
                    X