• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to contracting

Hi All,

Im about to start contracting and want to go with an umbrella company for now, can someone out there give some impartial advice?

sure. about what?

Comment

Originally posted by vision38 View Post
      Hi All,

Im about to start contracting and want to go with an umbrella company for now, can someone out there give some impartial advice?
      Buy pork bellies, at least you can eat the f**kers!

Failing that, you could always do a search of this forum!

Comment

Be yourself. You want her to like you for you.

HTH.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

impartial advice?
          Don't eat yellow snow.

Applying a teaspoonful of salt can individually kill a weed such as dandelion in your lawn.

Never clean or adjust electrical gardening equipment while they are still plugged in, make sure they are switched off first. Never wash electrical gardening equipment with water.

If you have an aquarium, save the water each time you change it and water your house plants with it.

Raw blackcurrants, and kiwi fruit contain more vitamin C than oranges.

Oh, and READ the first-timers guides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Hi All,

My advice is don't. After looking at the market right now I can only conclude that it's pretty much on its arse.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              ...pleasantly worded advice...
              Where is Malvolio when you need him?

Comment

Hi All,

Just to the left of your post, in the section headed "CUK Navigation", is a link that says "First Timers".

In the "Accounting/Legal" section of the forum, the two top items contain detailed information about trading through an umbrella company.

And, as you've probably realised by now, asking a basic question like this leads people to conclude that you haven't done even basic research, and are wasting their time trying to get them to do it for you. They therefore post flippant and unhelpful responses for the purpose of wasting your time in retaliation.

Once you've read the stuff mentioned above, and searched the forums looking for answers to any further questions that may arise from your reading, people (well, some of them) will be willing to help with any outstanding queries, but you should probably post them in "Accounting/Legal" or "Business/Contracts" as appropriate. "General" is mainly used for moaning that house prices ain't what they used to be, and blaming all bad things on vaguely-specified others.

Comment

House prices, eh, not what they used to be?

just trying to get us back on topic.
                  Plan A is located just about here.
                  If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

And whatever you do, ignore anything posted by NickFitz, he is after all said and done, just a chimp.

Comment

Working...
                    X