• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harry Enfield and Northerners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harry Enfield and Northerners

He has you Northerners well and truly sussed
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    He has you Northerners well and truly sussed
    Dunno about that - haven't seen the relevant sketch obviously, but he has Southerners bang to rights with that shop that sells overpriced tulipe to soft Southern fashion victims

My current daily office laugh is the fact that the bloke who sits next to me keeps getting slagged for being "northern" by ignorant nasty Southerners - he's a brummie (!) and due to their customary ignorance of geography, they haven't realised I'm actually more Northern than he is.
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 13 October 2008, 19:42.

Comment

I was a bit disappointed in that sketch, the kind of rubbish I would have expected from Hale and Pace 15 years ago. It's sad when your comedy heroes can't write funny material anymore (the rest of the show has been fairly poor).
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        I was a bit disappointed in that sketch, the kind of rubbish I would have expected from Hale and Pace 15 years ago. It's sad when your comedy heroes can't write funny material anymore (the rest of the show has been fairly poor).
        Great bolshy yarblockos, it's been very funny. Maybe your sense of humour has expired.
        Last edited by Charles Foster Kane; 13 October 2008, 19:48. Reason: d

Comment

I'm not alone in being disappointed, most reviews have been fairly scathing. I reckon there was almost 1 episode's worth of good material.

I still think Enfield and Whitehouse are the best comedy actors of the last 20 years, but they need good writters not rehashing of old characters in new clothes. The northern sketch was probably the lowest point, truely terrible.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 October 2008, 19:54.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I'm not alone in being disappointed, most reviews have been fairly scathing. I reckon there was almost 1 episode's worth of good material.
            Think for yourself. You were just slagging off the Peter Kay spoof in the other thread, don't let the Sun's reviews dictate your own tastes.

Comment

Hale & Pace is still a classic.

Comment

I don't read the sun, I make up my own mind thanks. Comedy has moved on from sketch based canned laughter (at least when it's not up to standard).

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                I always remember the Alexei sayle joke about comedy greats
                and Hale and Pace
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 October 2008, 19:59.

Comment

I don't read the sun, I make up my own mind thanks. Comedy has moved on from sketch based canned laughter (at least when it's not up to standard).

I always remember the Alexei sayle joke about comedy greats
                  and Hale and Pace
                  Ooh touchy. Get a sense of humour.

Again, don't let Alexei Sayle think for you, do you have your own brain Johnny Impressionable?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                    This is good too:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sJZ8NE...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                    X