• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New moon, new boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New moon, new boom

Todays the day, fill yer boots. Buy buy buy.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Todays the day, fill yer boots. Buy buy buy.
    Today is SELL SELL SELL. Friday was BUY BUY BUY

Comment

I don't think it's over yet, however I wish I had been watching the markets and folllowed my own advice, i.e. bought GSk at sub £10. Those shares are now circa 16% up in 2 days
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

If you had purchased $1,000 of Nortel stock a year ago, it would now be worth $49.

With Enron, you would have $16.50 left of the original $1,000.

With WorldCom, you would have less than $5 left.

If you had bought $1,000 of Delta Airlines stock you'd have $49 left. With United Airlines, you would have nothing left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank it and then turned in the cans for recycling, you would have $214.

The best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle. it is called the WWS (WineWomenSong Plan)

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          If you had purchased $1,000 of Nortel stock a year ago, it would now be worth $49.

With Enron, you would have $16.50 left of the original $1,000.

With WorldCom, you would have less than $5 left.

If you had bought $1,000 of Delta Airlines stock you'd have $49 left. With United Airlines, you would have nothing left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank it and then turned in the cans for recycling, you would have $214.

The best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle. it is called the WWS (WineWomenSong Plan)
          Is it last month already?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

It's lunacy.

Comment

Jings !!

Banged to rights by Noddy - eh ?

But - if you're so smart Noddy - how come you ain't rich ?

Comment

It's the full moon today, not the new moon.

Even the pupils of Woodlands Junior School know that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I knew that. The new moon is not till about the 24th (I think). Don't know what possessed me. Must be the full moon.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    I knew that. The new moon is not till about the 24th (I think). Don't know what possessed me. Must be the full moon.

BTW, new moon is the 28th. Once again, Woodlands Junior School has the facts

Comment

Working...
                    X